I need of some cosmetic suggestions!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Rea604
antispam: No

I need of some cosmetic suggestions!

Post by Rea604 »

So I've recently just bought my first car which is a 92 White RS, and im super pleased with it! I've wanted one of these ever since I can remember, and now I want to do some tasteful cosmetic modifications considering its a very standard and basic model. I dont especially want to dump tons of money into it, but I am willing to pay to make it look like it's "mine", because there aren't too many of them where I live. I'm very happy with the colour, but I really dislike the stripe down the side. Im thinking of maybe changing the head/tail lights and adding a spoiler, but am not sure of what would look best? My "precidia" decal is half gone, so Im thinking of just getting rid of the whole thing if there is a safe way to do that? Im really a newbie and dont know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to cars, but I know that there are alot of nice looking mx-3's on this site, so if you guys have any idea's to make my car have a little more appeal to it, please post them! Thanks!

RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: I need of some cosmetic suggestions!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

nice car. welcome
I'd start with some function. I believe there are few mods that can match the look and function of a good suspension + rims. Just filling those wheel wells will give you a big push in the right direction.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Welcome!

I would say keep it stock. A stock MX-3 looks amazing! Check out some OEM addons you can do:

A Spoiler from a GS model MX-3, and rear mudflaps:

Front projectors (they're not OEM but they look great. These are the horizontal LED lights, which are legal, not the vertical illegal lights. These look the best in my opinion)
Front bumper lip/spoiler
Front clear/euro signals

Euro Mini sideskirts:

Here's the combo on a white car:

I don't like altezza rear lights. I suggest you stay with stock.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

For international items, such as the mini sides, euro signal markers, I would suggest you go to an international expert who's willing to help you.

Go ahead and give up on full length OEM sideskirts (such as my teal ones, since they match the primer grey and black wonderfully (roll eyes) )
You'll not find them.

I am sure there are several members willing to help, but in particular both Mooneggs (sorry for volunteering you) and myself are capable of scoring such items.

You can alternatively get clear signal markers on ebay, but they're a little different (I prefer euro ones)
The headlights a-plentiful on ebay, but are two styles. look for the LED's, there's a horizontal and vertical style headlight, and a lot of debate in between which are better.
I prefer the horizontal style as they're DOT certified and significantly better built. You can find threads on the headlights by searching, millions of them come up. And the best part? You ready for this forum board?
THEY COME IN BLACK
Place a wanted to buy (WTB) here at the forums for a spoiler. You have several choices, all which look great!

A stock GS spoiler (pictured)
a wraparound GS spoiler (only in canadia)
a rare raised RS spoiler (Good luck!)

Mudguards are sometimes on ebay, sometimes on the forum boards, more than likely at the junkyards. If you can find a junker near you, or maybe someone knowledgable like pops, who's also got tools, GO THERE.

Front lip is going to be a PAIN to find. I would suggest the junkyards as your only option. But you might want to post here on the forums as well.

First stop: the junkers. It's possible you can find (for cheap!) mudguards, spoiler and front lip there!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

canadian gs wing
Mazdaspeed front bumper
front mud guards & rear mud guards
euro headlights or projector headlights
gs sun roof (custom work will need to be done)

Keep it white but maybe add a pearl to it.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Assuming you're canadian from the precidia sticker, where are you located? Go to a junkyard and look around, if you like something that you see on an mx3, take it.

And to get the sticker off, spray it with WD-40 and scrape it off with a plastic ice scraper. It'll come off in pieces and take a while though.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

^^ use a razor blade with nail polish remover...

Works a little faster and removes the glue easier :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

i recomend a mazdaspeed front bumper,ms sides and a wraparound spoiler. :love: (buy mine :mrgreen: )
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Mazdaspeed front bumper would look great but unless you find one nearby shipping a bumper is not cheap. You should be able to find a GS lip in aa junk yard which is at least repairable. I would pursue that route. Euro sides look great and either spoiler will look really nice. I think SuperK's example car there looks great and you could get there for a few hundred busks if you're resourseful.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

stock add-ons are way to go: gs lip, mudflaps, spoiler.
You can get rid of pinstriping with eraser wheel.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

All very good suggestions. I recommend, however, for the 'PRECIDIA' decal to use windex. The glue is already hard and cracking, so just run the razorblade along the edges while spraying the windex on. Worked wonders for me on that decal, and tint film.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Rea604
antispam: No

Post by Rea604 »

hmmmmmm these are all really nice suggestions... !
I definetly agree with the "stock" look. I'm not into the crazy body kits and altezza lights... I chose an mx-3 because i like the look of it! :P
I agree with the head lights, mine are disgustingly yellow ( im going to get headlight whitener ) and I like the LED's, but im worried they'll look too dark for my white car. They look bangin on the black one, but maybe just a bit lighter than the ones in the picture for mine? i hate the altezza headlights, they remind me of punk a-- kids speeding in their loud annoying crx's. (no offence to anyone who may have a crx..)

Im not sure that i even like the look of the mud gaurds ... again because my car is white you can clearly see where the mud gaurds meet the body of the car, not sure that i really like that look ... looks great on black or purple though.

I reallyy like the look of the mazda speed front bumper

As for the sunroof, i really was hoping to buy an mx-3 with a sunroof but i wasn't willing to pay more money for the cars with the fancy features and beated on engines so that didn't work out. I can't imagine putting a sunroof in my car would be affordable... ?

Definetly want to add some pearl to it, the paint looks old, and up close the metal and plastic paint differs. Plastic bits also attract more dirt :roll:

Im totally going to windex off my precidia decal thank you for the tip!!!

But I truly :love: LOVE :love: the white one posted with the "clean shaven" thread. Not sure who that guy is but his car is beautiful i really would like to do that to mine.. which spoiler is that? a very close friend of mine is a welder so im sure he could do it no problem.
Im thinking of replacing my keyhole on the trunk with a new metal mazda emblem and remove the one on my hood before i get it painted. Not that i dont like the old symbol, i just think it looks better that way...

what about a spoiler like on the red car on the home page? I know its not stock but i really like it :oops:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

there's your projector question answered.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Also check out jutzi's car. I think the rear mudflaps on a white mx-3 are great:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/427073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

The spoiler in the nice, clean shave thread is the standard GS spoiler.
The wrap-around spoiler will look the same in the back.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “Appearance”