auto to 5 spd

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

auto to 5 spd

Post by ramsen25 »

hey guys i just picked up a mx3 which is immaculate for supper cheap so i had to get it the only problem is its auto and im wanna put my ze in it is it hard to convert to 5 speed i do have a 5 spd mx3 the auto mx3 is a 92 and my 5spd is a 96 so is it doable
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: auto to 5 spd

Post by Daninski »

I just scrapped two Standard MX-3's. You could of had the parts for free, just had to pull them yourself. Too Bad I guess timing is everything eh? lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

ramsen25 wrote:hey guys i just picked up a mx3 which is immaculate for supper cheap so i had to get it the only problem is its auto and im wanna put my ze in it is it hard to convert to 5 speed i do have a 5 spd mx3 the auto mx3 is a 92 and my 5spd is a 96 so is it doable
It's not difficult at all if your swapping out the engine anyways. I just did it with mine. Find all the parts first though. It is doable. The full list is in the ATX to MTX guide in the FAQ's. Check it out. Good luck.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:I just scrapped two Standard MX-3's. You could of had the parts for free, just had to pull them yourself. Too Bad I guess timing is everything eh? lol
I still have mine, and I've still got that good trans too.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Yeah, it's not hard especially since you have a full doner car right there. The wiring is pretty simple and all the info you need for that can be found on this site. Use all the mounts from the car with that originally had the 5 speed and KLZE. The most annoying part for me was hooking up the pedals. Unless your a contortionist, you'll have to take out the drivers seat and even then it's kind of a pain in the back. Of course I'm also 40 years old, might not be a problem for younger guys.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”