you guys ever get notes left on your windshield?

Off-Topic Discussions
ninjajim4

you guys ever get notes left on your windshield?

Post by ninjajim4 »

i've had a few where ppl ask me about my car. once about my civic lights, before the advent of the amazing spyder lights, and then a few general ones from fellow MX-ers wanting to build up their rides. always kinda flattering. one time this guy literally ran out as i was driving off to stop me and ask what kinda car it was. i think the dude was a cupcake tho, so it was a lil strange. one note was from someone on my block asking me to tune down the sensitivity on my alarm lol. and one was from a chickie, leaving her #, but i never called :shrug:
hgallegos915

Re: you guys ever get notes left on your windshield?

Post by hgallegos915 »

not really :( aw mines oogly! :(

I have made friends that have other mx3s because they saw me at the track.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You know, I'm sort of disappointed in the MX-3 people around here, except of course, the guys who are on here. I try to wave, blink my lights, whatever, when I see another MX-3, and they don't even acknowlege me. I left a note on one that was white with the GS rims painted black, and was really clean with leather seats. I know they had seen me perform, and I mentioned that, too, but never heard from them.
That's cool that you get some appreciation. My car has about as many mods as you can (except bodykit stuff), but no one notices. I think it's because most people don't know anything about MX-3s around here, even their owners :shrug:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I had a note left on mine... a death threat :|

Good old northern ireland! I wave at all mx-3s, I followed one once into a car park, then realised they're pensioners!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

fowljesse wrote:You know, I'm sort of disappointed in the MX-3 people around here, except of course, the guys who are on here. I try to wave, blink my lights, whatever, when I see another MX-3, and they don't even acknowlege me. I left a note on one that was white with the GS rims painted black, and was really clean with leather seats. I know they had seen me perform, and I mentioned that, too, but never heard from them.
That's cool that you get some appreciation. My car has about as many mods as you can (except bodykit stuff), but no one notices. I think it's because most people don't know anything about MX-3s around here, even their owners :shrug:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Personally, I don't ever expect anything from anybody. That saves me the disappointment.
Anyways, when I had my mx3 (which was externally in bad shape, but the engine was a symphony), I kinda had a kick on being looked down at, and then kicking their a55es at the light.
Once, a guy on a crx, lowered, with wheels, exhaust, etc (riced all over), looked at me like I was a joke. I gave him such an a55 kicking on I-95, that 3 weeks or so later, he saw me and passed me on the street, honking his horn and sticking his head out the window... :lol: :twisted:

So, don't worry if they don't look at you: cars are seen at the track.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I left a note on a guys car. The next time you park in front of my driveway you get towed. I didn't pay to pave my damn driveway to not be able to park on it! I can fit the Datsun, Willy's, and Mazda if I do some tetris parking!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I got a couple of official notes from the police saying that I'm not supposed to park here. Does that count? :lol:
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I've gotten all kinds of notes... the most recent was a "buy one get one free @ supertans" :roll:

I've had girls give me numbers on my car too as well as compliments on my ride, etc. I've also left notes on other clean mx-3's 8) but I never heard back from any of them... who knows probably the wind blew it away... :?
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Mad Cow wrote:I got a couple of official notes from the police saying that I'm not supposed to park here. Does that count? :lol:
Well, I've got a few "buy junk cars" notes, but I don't think that's what the thread is about... :wink:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

93vtecklr wrote:I left a note on a guys car. The next time you park in front of my driveway you get towed. I didn't pay to pave my damn driveway to not be able to park on it! I can fit the Datsun, Willy's, and Mazda if I do some tetris parking!
I'd like to see which car is J, L, S, T, and Z tetrominoes
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Haha if I get the balls, I'll climb up on my roof and snap a pic!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

a couple people asked me what kind of car it was before but my mx-3 is far from show condition right now. Just a daily driver for now.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Everyone at my work thinks my MX6 and MX3 are the same car.....

Never had anyone show any interest.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I noticed few nice rides in my town but no communication at all. One guy has a JDM RX-7 but he drives around with a finger up his a*s. I have had two people ask about the car and I suggested they go to MX3.com but never say them here. I think a few people just bought them because they're cheap and dependable. Oh well
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

This girl added me on myspace cause she noticed i had the same as her and she wanted to go for a ride.

she is really fkin hott
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D

Return to “Off-Topic”