Finally found one!! (04 Mazda RX-8 with red interior)

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Dark_Rider2k3

Finally found one!! (04 Mazda RX-8 with red interior)

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

so yesterday I found one!! A (maroon I think) 2004 Mazda RX-8 with the black/red interior. It has about.. 30,000 miles, and they want about 15,000 for it.

So, is that a good price? I bet I could get it lower with my dad but.. yeah just wondering what's a good price lol.

I'm thinking about this since I just graduated.. I reaaaally want one, and I'll probably go look at it again, but I think it's got all the GT features.. not 100% on it though.

Anyways yeah.. I saw one and it looks outstanding.. even comes with a limited warranty which I think is pretty good.

I heard, though, that they have lots of problems.. is this true? (I heard this year was terrible with problems)

anyways yeah.. i'm figuring out financially if I'd be able to get it (still keeping my MX-3 hehe).

So yeah.. hopefully I'd be able to get it!!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Re: Finally found one!! (04 Mazda RX-8 with red interior)

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I wouldnt spend 15gs on an RX-8 but thats just me. You could try looking into Mazdaspeed 3s and 6s, they might be getting close to that price range soon.

If you do insist on an RX-8 I'll tell you that I know ALOT of people with them and nobody that I know has had a problem so far. I have heard of people going through multiple engines in a few years but never knew anyone personally with those problems.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1200231280.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a nice looking Mazdaspeed 3.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Speed6 FTW.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i dunno why the rx-8s get no love... 04 model launch obviously had a lot of issues but beyond that i haven't heard much bad about em. i wouldn't buy an 04 that's for sure. but decent size back seat, suicide doors.. gives you a coupe look with a lil more practicality. updated interior, compared to the 15 yr old rx-7. TONS of bolt ons, could boast that thing and end up with more power than a stock FD, with better handling, for a lower total cost too i bet. and rx-7s are not exactly maintenance free either... i think about getting one sometimes
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Ryan wrote:Speed6 FTW.
Speed6 FTMFWIN!!! :)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I know a local guy here who's had his engine replace twice now... who cares as long as its under warranty right?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If Mazdaspeed does a 6 with the new platform I will be posting a for sale thread on here....for my left leg.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I could use a spare left leg, no need to heel/toe when there's a foot for every pedal!
Cody
Methanoxide

Post by Methanoxide »

I just picked up a 6spd '04 GT RX8 for $13,000 in Canadian dollars with 80,000km (50,000mile) on it about 2 months ago.

I'm happy with it so far.

But I agree that people STILL rag on these cars for issues that have been LONG fixed.... Mazda released these cars prematurely with a poor map on the computer (they ran PIG rich clogging cats and causing carbon build up). they have released MANY updates which fixes these issues. And to restore faith in the Renesis Mazda has extended the warranty on ALL RX8's engines for 8 years or 160,000kms. I took a jump into Mazda's faith into the longevity on these engines with the recent updates, lets hope I'm right.

Have you been reading up on them on rx8club.com? Read up on the oil debates. Personally I've decided NOT to use synthetics in my RX-8 and I'm using 5w-30.

If you do get one, DEFINITELY get the coils, plugs & wires changed IMMEDIATELY! haha. I was going to do this as soon as the 30 day used car warranty was up when I bought it, but it ended up crapping out on me during the second week of ownership due to, yup you guessed it, bad coils. Had it all replaced under warranty which would have cost $800 from Mazda! The coils can be bought online for about $35 a piece and the plugs are around $100.

Anyway, I've posted enough.

Cheers and happy hunting!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

The reason the Renesis is a better rotary is because of the idea of side ports.

Instead of having the ports on the top of each chamber, where the apex seals pass over them, they are now on the side so the seals don't ever lose contact with the housing, meaning the ports don't wear out the seals.

It will last MUCH longer than the usual end port rotaries.

The apex seal is now more similar to a piston ring because it never loses contact with the chamber wall.

forgive me not knowing the politically correct terms.... but thats the idea.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “General Mazda”