Stabilizer bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Cid
antispam: No

Stabilizer bar

Post by Cid »

Can the front stabilizer bar make noise when the joints wear? I have a clunking sounding coming from the front end. Does the bar have to be changed as a whole or just the parts that pivot?
Whisper

Re: Stabilizer bar

Post by Whisper »

Well, is it loose? If it is, you should be able to wiggle it and it would have some play. You can just replace the links, but if it's loose, chances are its mounts are also bad.
Cid

Post by Cid »

Can the stabilizer bar be lubed to free it up? The rubber seals look good, however there are no grease nipples.
Bigpun4fubu

Post by Bigpun4fubu »

mine is doing the same thing, ive checked the ball joinnts struts , strut mounts and have narrowed it down to the sway bar links one has a lot of play in one end, i took the boot off and packed a lot of grease in it but it still was a lot looser than the other end, so thats what i am thinking the problem is , the bushings look good so far ill double check them after i get a new set of links to see if that solves the problem
1994 Mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6L DOHC Spectre High Flow Air Filter Bosch Platinum +2 Plugs, NGK R Wires, 17" ICW Racing Wheels with 215/45/17 Yokohama Tires Teardrop Exhaust

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”