my engine wont start now updated!!!!!!!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jon_young

my engine wont start now updated!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jon_young »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
had the car started and runnin a few times after the engine change!!

but yester day started to wire in the alarm, and went to see why the heater motor didnt work!

so the black wire off the heater moter must be earth so earth that off to passenger foot well by the relays.
and did the alarm went to it this morning and wont start its getting fuel, think it s getting spark!!!

it will turn over but wont start any ideas !!!!

i have removed the alarm wirs to
Last edited by jon_young on June 5th, 2009, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jon_young

Re: my engine wont start now

Post by jon_young »

its fault code 5 from the diagnostics point which i belive is the knock sensor where is that on the 2.5 klze/de hybrid
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Knock sensor is in the valley under the valley pan. You may have forgotten to to plug it in. In the K8 harness the plug is on the timing side of the engine. When I installed my ZE the wiring for the knock sensor was routed to the tranny side so I had to reroute it. You may have that issue as well.

As far as no start...confirm spark and timing. That's always the first step. Most alarms have an ignition cut function don't they? You may have done something that is interrupting the ignition.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

thing is it was running yesterday, but turned its self off and never started after that,
so cant see the alarm doing it now, got to be a sensor
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

any other ideas on what it could be,
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Have you confirmed that you have spark, fuel and timing?
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

yes i have confirmed then all
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If you have spark at the plugs, and you know fuel is being delivered, and you are sure that the timing is correct it should start. Is it possible that you installed the rotor in the wrong position? I have also heard that some guys have managed to install the disty 180º off. It should only go in one way, but if you pushed hard enough I'm sure it could be done.

How are you confirming fuel delivery? If you crank it for several seconds and then immediately pull a plug it should be wet with fuel. How are you confirming timing? Distributor timing as well as crank timing. Does it seem like it wants to start? Does the engine sound right when cranking? If the timing has skipped a tooth or two it may sound wrong...like the compression is escaping at the wrong time...not sure how to describe that. Did you touch the alternator? Check the fuel injection fuse. I'm grasping at straws man.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I suggested to Jon to pull codes on uk-mx3, he got code 5- knock sensor. Thought the car would still run, all be it a little limp?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well the thing is...if spark is occurring as the piston arrives at TDC on the compression stroke and there is fuel present, no other electrical condition can prevent ignition from occurring. It might not start, but there will be fire. I'm sure he is correct about fuel and spark, but I would bet my hat his timing has been compromised somehow.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
mazda___mx3
antispam: No

Post by mazda___mx3 »

are you sure you never disconnected any wires when foolin around with the alarm system?
trick69

Post by trick69 »

your knock sensor hinders with ground and will prevent ignition spark. (thats what it does) if your getting fuel and spark and the car was just running fine
#1 check that your maf is still functional with an ohm meter
#2 check your tps with an ohm meter
#3 check coolant sensor I believe the green one (cars don't start when they run realy rich)
#4 check your cam gears make shure you didn't skip the belt
trick69

Post by trick69 »

just for shits and giggles, remove#1 plug place a long scewdriver 12" or so down the hole roll the motor over with a ratchet on the crank untill the screwdriver doesn't go any higher bob it back and forth just to verify. take off disty. cap and verify your rotor contact is aligned with #1 on the cap. If not remove disty. turn rotor and reinstall. If it is aligned then verify your firing order is correct. but if the car was running fine the other day this should all be good any way.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I'm pretty sure there's only one way to install the disty. It won't go in the wrong way.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You'd be surprised what's possible.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”