IAC question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

IAC question

Post by Suresperance »

I know your probably going to tell me to search but i did and got a lot of results none of which answered my question.

How do i check the IAC (i already pulled CEL codes and none came up)

and how do i clean it(i remember some one some where telling some one to clean their IAC)

problem is at idle some times maybe 1/5 of the time the idle fluctuates up and down about 500-750 RPMS so it goes from about 1200 to almost 2000 some times. my buddy and i think it has some thing to do with the IAC the engine is out of the car right now but should be back in on Saturday i would like to fix this problem soon after
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
hgallegos915

Re: IAC question

Post by hgallegos915 »

If youdisconnect the iac and the car dies, its working.

I suspect its a tps problem tho not an iac issue. If its the iac it wouldmonly do it in cold starts or if you did the coolant line bypass.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

I agree, I'd check the TPS first. Also, just for sh*ts n giggles, try to reset the idle speed the correct way before anything else.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if it's just an occasional thing, which it sounds like, blip your throttle and see if it comes down. a sticky return spring on the throttle body can cause this, or too much tension on the cable. another thing to note is the cable becomes more taut as your engine bay warms up, and there should always be at least a lil slack
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

it is a kinda random thing how ever it goes right down after it goes up and then right back up again, and then right back down it pules quickly back and forth until i get back on the throttle. once i get the motor back in ill take a video and post it on youtube.

also what should my idle be set at?

and one last thing i set the tps by turning it until the fan kicks on and then backing it off ever so slightly right?
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i would test out what i said before messing around with the idle...
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

tps is set right now and the throttle cable has slack but the idle is still messed up it seems like one time when i start the car it will idle at 2k the next time it will idle at like 750 i adjust it every time to get it right but the next time i start it its messed up again and the rpms are still jumping and droping constantly ill get a video up soon
mazda___mx3
antispam: No

Post by mazda___mx3 »

check for vocuum leaks, you could have a hose that is kinked and leaks sometimes and not others

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”