okay i need help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kego

okay i need help

Post by kego »

okay so when i drive the car has trouble taking in enough air so i got a new filter which helped alot but it still studders under 2000 rpms and will studder randomly while i drive

so here is a video of what my guages do sorry its at night and ignore my retard friend in the background

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/ ... CN1265.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thassodar

Re: okay i need help

Post by Thassodar »

Couldn't see the gauges, but from what I hard it's sounds like one of your spark plugs/spark plug wires is loose. This happened to me awhile ago and it turned out that my wire was REALLY loose so when I revved it'd misfire.

This is just my amateur opinion though. Might be time to get some new plugs as well.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Did your CEL flash? I think I saw it flash.

Replace your O2 sensor. A bad/going bad O2 sensor will make the CEL go on, then off, then on for a bit, then off.... and it'll make it stutter.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

SuperK wrote:Did your CEL flash? I think I saw it flash.

Replace your O2 sensor. A bad/going bad O2 sensor will make the CEL go on, then off, then on for a bit, then off.... and it'll make it stutter.
I saw the CEL too.

Check for codes btw. When my o2 sensor was bad it never threw a code, and I only found out it was bad when I was checking for another problem.
kego

Post by kego »

do we only have one o2 sensor?... yea the cel was what i was focusing on... okay well heres some background on the issue. i was cleaning the engine bay up and i pulled the VAF to get down below and i accidentally pulled the connector that was attached to the VAF off the VAF. so i shoved it back in there and hoped that it would be okay. when i turned it on and reved it the VAF door would sparatically open and close. and what was seen in the video is wat happened to the extreme. so i got a new VAF and slapped it on, plugged it up and drove. the issue, though alot better, had not gone away. so i reset the computer and that helped some and now it's been reduced to whats in the video. i'm not sure if some computer values are wrong or what but i'm not sure what to do. the hesitation only happens when i idle, drive below 3000 rpms (especially after a stop sign) or when i punch it. also when i replaced the old rusty air filter that had been on the car when i bought it (it was hidden) that help alot too but still the mx3 is muffed up
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

do you know how to check codes?

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=65390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tell us what the code is please
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
kego

Post by kego »

okay i dont have the lable and i don't wana play guess and check... which one is it?

kego

Post by kego »

why do all of my topics end when they just start!!! BUMP
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Because it is Mother's Day and people just may be too busy with their personal lives.

Also, you posted an image of the fuse box. The diagnostic box should have the word "DIAGNOSTIC" on it, and it will tell you which jumper is which.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
kego

Post by kego »

oh ooops well i tried testing the code and when i went to read the code the check engine light it just turned off and stayed off... but my hesitation remains. how long does the code stay logged in the ecu. how fast do i need to check the code. am i waiting long enough for the code to be displayed?
kego

Post by kego »

could a new ecu help?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Follow the link that the nice man (SuperK) posted and do that.

Honestly, its not rocket science.

The box you're looking for is right beside the brake booster, and brake fluid resevoir. Its pretty small, 1.5"x1.5".

That link will tell you how long the code stays, but chances are it gets refreshed many times a day. Light doesn't always go.

The only thing a new ECM will cost you is $600
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
kego

Post by kego »

i DID follow the link, i DID complete the procedure and i DID NOT get any results. lol i'm frustrated with this crap as you can tell. sorry guys. again, i drove the car until i got the check engine light to flash as seen in the video. i stopped the car right after i got the light to flash. popped the hood, and connected the TEN pin to the neg of my battery. i then hopped back into the car turned the key to aux and watched as the CEL was on then promptly shut off and stayed off. (for a couple of minutes) does autozone have the stuff to read these codes? i'm wondering if maybe i'm not getting a solid TEN to GND connection.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Ive never heard of anyone jumping the ten pin to the actual battery ground, there should be a gnd pin in the diag box.
Dont know if it will do anything, give it a try.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

There are several ground pins in that box, just use one the label is on the underside of the lid, I'm sure you've noticed. Next, car must be "ON" not "acc"
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”