Timing Belt On the ze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

Timing Belt On the ze

Post by ramsen25 »

hey guys 2morrow im gonna be retiming my timining belt on my ze and im using mitchell on demand for instructions what car am i gonna look under to get the corrects timing marks ?
1992blazeredgs

Re: Timing Belt On the ze

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

The timing belt on the ze is gonna be the exact same as the k8. I would suggest using the online shop manual from this website. There is also a good write up on this site. You have to put the belt on in a specific way or you will end up off a tooth. I would also suggest changing the tensioner while you are right there.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

+1 Change the tensioner/pulleys if its in bad shape...but this you should get off ebay otherwise you will get raped in prices, so you won't be able to do it tomorrow :(
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

you could probably get away with just replacing the belt and pulleys. do the waterpump but i wouldnt worry so much about the tensioner, i never replaced mine because a low mileage ze tensioner should still be good. i havent had a problem or heard any nocks from it being worn.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

there all new parts on the ze everything has been changed but im pretty sure it jumped a tooth so i need to retime it
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

hey i need some help i cant find the marks for the timing on the shop manual b2-85 is the timing belt section but does say nuttin about timing it
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Page B2 016 shows the procedure for installing the timing belt with the engine in the car. This is where you'll see the timing marks and the order of operations for installing the belt properly.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”