turbo B6DE STOCK motor

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mzdamx3rsdohc

turbo B6DE STOCK motor

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

hey, im asking this question as ive searched plenty checked worklogs, etc. and every time someone asks this question they get the same replies buy a bp and turbo it or a bpt. well my car has a b6de, 1.6 dohc and i like the motor. if i was going to swap it id go to a wreckers and get a gs frontclip and a ze as their cheap and plentiful. but i like my stock motor ive maintained it perfectly since 75000 kms 7 years ago. it still has even and strong compression plus a lot of extra parts in the garage. due to the increased availablity of turbo options for the 1.6 guys, im curious if anyone here has turbo'd their stock b6, and at what psi. what was the driveability like, performance etc. i dont expec 300whp not even 200 i think 150-180 would be prefect for a daily driver. is this attainable? the miata b6's can handle 150whp stock no problem with the same rods, and a higher compression ratio on a higher revving version of our motor. is there anyone that could give some insight? i was thinking 6 psi. which is roughly 60 hp increase maybe a little less, but still 168 would be a good number for a DD.

now i dont expect to run this motor forever but i know it can handle a LITTLE boost especially 6 psi for a bit.if i started to loose compression,snap a rod, spin a bearing etc. id buy a b6t and swap top ends

i really dont want to hear might as well just do it right the first time get a bp u start with 130 instead off 100, as thats all the answers ive read on previous posts. im not a broke teenager trying to cheap out ive spent 3 winters in alberta 3 summers here(ontario) which ive been fortunate enough to afford take off. ive recently sold my 01 prelude SH and was going to buy a fd3s but seeing im in facility insurance(should of bought and insured one out west) i cant do till next summer as im paying 910 a month for the mazda mx3 for just liability. i could buy a bp send it in to get built boost the pi-- out of it. but i dont want to invest thousands in a mx3 to the point of trying to make it a super car its a car i want to look sporty and be in the 14's 15's with not 10's or 11's or 12's ill wait for my time when i own a single turbo fd rear wheel drive platform...lol... i just love that car.

any help would be great as im sure someone has turbod their stock b6 and is willing to share their experience with some of us. this car has been great to me and stayed with me thru 5 or 6 other cars without selling it. its been a great car that will have me buying mazda products for a while due to the reliability.
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Re: turbo B6DE STOCK motor

Post by nos92mx3 »

do it.

im using the small snout small rod b6t bottom end, basically the same bottom end as you just i have lower compression.

Jw ran alot of boost (20+) thru his stock b6 bottom end, last year i ran 13 psi, with no issues.

The bp uses the same rods that we do. so whomever says the bp is stronger is ....

Its all in the tune, dont expect it to last long on an fmu or such, pony up for megasquirt or better.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

defenatly need to look into a stand alone as a megasquirt....you'll be able totune it or get it tuned right so your engine stays running good and minimise wear
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Odd post after such a duration.
But you do not NEED a standalone ems. But you do need a good product... it really depends on what you plan to get out of the car.

Return to “Forced Induction”