The perfect ar for a klze?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

The perfect ar for a klze?

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm getting into this turbo business a bit deeper... now that its super easy to make ebay turbos work(ill post pics later about how its done)

ok so the turbo I had had a cold side ar .60 and hot side had an ar .53 that turbo ran greatr, boosted around 2700 all the way to 6000.

Ok so i came across some money and since that turbo had a bit of play i decided to buy another ebay turbo.. well

the housing in my pipes is for the ar.53 so I had to use my old hot side and the cold side now i have an ar.50 It sure makes the blow off valve sould likie crazy and builds nice boost all the way to 6k rpms. This one dies out a bit at around 6k but can still go.

Anywho.. what ars are you running for your boosted kl engines??
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: The perfect ar for a klze?

Post by Daninski »

I'm not turbo literate, I follow your turbo posts but after reading what you just wrote I'm sitting here thinking WTF did he just say. lol Anyway, I'm sure it's just me but if I plan to turbo my ZE you'd be the one I'd PM. Love your posts, keep it up.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

correction, my HOT ar is .48 and cold is .50
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

hec youd probably want a .63ar or larger in order to allow that ZE to breathe.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok I already ordered the 4 bolt ar.63 exhaust housing for a new turbine that I have, I noticed today that my current set up runs out of breath at around 5000 rpms.

so i will be hot side ar .63 and cold ar .50

is that ok? thats what the turbo came like
-hec

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

That's what you had before, right? (First turbo?)

Should be able to make modest power with that. You could always step up to the .7/.63 next for some bigger power lol. Ya, .48/.6 seems a little small for a ze, might be better for a k8.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah thats what I had at first and I had no problems at all, ill try to look for a .60 cold side as I already have the housing.
-hec

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

GT30
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got a hot side ar .63 and a coldside ar.50 it doesnt start boosting until 3k rpms but the boost doesnt end even till 7 k rpms. I wonder of thats gonna be better at the track.. well see in due time.
-hec

Return to “Forced Induction”