What to look for in a future turbo mx3

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
asimpson719
antispam: No

What to look for in a future turbo mx3

Post by asimpson719 »

ok so im completly new the the mazda mx3 my friend has recommended me to this car and im going to take him up on it.

i was mostly wondering on what i should look for in the mx3 as fast as the motor.

can the 4cyl put out as much power as a v6. or should i only look for a v6.

and is there any type of model that i should be looking for?

like i said im brand new to the mx3 so any info would be helpful

thanks.
projectzemx3

Re: What to look for in a future turbo mx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

well you came to the right place, but if you search you will find everything you need to know.

you can go fast with a v6 for cheap

you can go really fast with a 4 cylinder for a little more money

v6's have nice options like power windows and sunroofs

4 cylinders are base model mx3's
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much work you are willing to do yourself.

4cyl are easier to make faster, but V6 models have power everything like stated above, and have a nice engine scream to them, along with less vibration being that it's a V compared to an I setup.

4 bangers also get better mileage.

I chose V6 because I've owned both, and it was easier to make the V6 fast enough for me (non turbo). You can turbo a v6 w/ probe stuff, but need to modify some things on the car, and the stock V6's aren't as boost friendly as the stock I4's...that being said, a good turbo ZE setup will get you into the 12-13 range easy. If you pull apart the motor and build it to handle more power, you could put down 400+hp.

Keep in mind power isn't everything, and if you dont have a tranny to handle it, you won't get the power to the ground and you will break stuff!

Also suspension is important unless you plan on driving in a straight line...
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

From someone who has tried it all when it comes to the 4cyl, I would have to say that if you plan on keeping it as a daily driver than be prepared to buy a second car. Boost and Daily Driving an MX-3 doesn't go that well when you decide to go Extreme.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Forced Induction”