Oil Leak

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
vozaday2000

Oil Leak

Post by vozaday2000 »

Greetings,

Ok here is my problem, I was driving my car home from work one day when I pulled to a stop sign and pressed the clutch my car stalled, then every time I let off the gas ( to shift, if I didn't shift fast enough) the car would try to stall. I made it home but then noticed a trail of oil behind my car.

The oil sprayed all over so I can't tell if it is tranny fluid (manual) or engine oil (looks a little to clean to be). I checked the dipstick and it was low but only took 1 litre of engine oil ( could have been from neglect or a minor leak around the valve cover), I then removed the tranny level bolt and no oil came out, I then jacked up the rear end of the car to see if I could get some tranny oil to come out but nothing, and I almost had the bumper touching the ground.

The leak looks to be between the firewall and the engine.

I am relatively sure it is tranny oil and if so what could it be leaking from? or what could be some tests to figure out what oil it is?

Thank you

Ryan
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

vozaday2000

Re: Oil Leak

Post by vozaday2000 »

Update

Ok I found out that I was checking the wrong bolt for tranny oil level, level is fine. I started it up and let it run for a while but didn't notice any oil leaking, there was still some drops of engine oil in places but hardly anything. I did notice a fuel leak though, where I did the duel fuel rail mod, that could have been a reason why the car ran crappy and the drops in the snow.

One thing I did notice but I don't know if it is a problem, The passenger tire doesn't spin freely when I put the car on blocks and put it in first gear, could that be the fact it is an open front end?

Ryan

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Nice ride. Did you do the KLZE swap yourself ? Since I have exaclty the same car I was wondering what CPU & sensor setup your running and if your running headers or manifolds. :?
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

What do you mean by open front end? The tire should not spin if its in gear. Its connected to the crankshaft while in gear. Turning the tire will turn the crankshaft.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

1992blazeredgs wrote:What do you mean by open front end? The tire should not spin if its in gear. Its connected to the crankshaft while in gear. Turning the tire will turn the crankshaft.

Nate
But if there's no resistance on the other wheel it'll spin the opposite wheel the other way, that's how an open diff is.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Sounds about right.

vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Ok no ideas where the leak was from but I torqued down the valve covers and oil pan and took it for a rip, no leaks. Although I did realize I didn't have any insurance on the car as I drove by a cop.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”