Spider Halos in Canada

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
wytbishop

Spider Halos in Canada

Post by wytbishop »

I'm interested in feedback from any Canadian with daytime running lights who installed the spider auto projectors. My headlight sockets don't seem to plug nicely into the wire harness. Someone suggested to me that the blue male socket may be slightly too long and doesn't allow the pins to fully engage. I will look into that but I have other issues which may or may not be as a result of the DRL circuit.

When I turn the lights on with the brake handle up, the high beam indicator on my dash alights. I don't know why. If I put the brake handle down with the lights switched off, the headlight relay under the dash goes crazy...until I turn the light switch to the on position.

It may all be due to the fact that they don't seem to plug in all the way but if the DRL circuit is causing the problem I would like to delete it. Has anyone ever done that? What would be the procedure?

Thanks for your help.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
tehbrookzorz

Re: Spider Halos in Canada

Post by tehbrookzorz »

When I rigged up my Civic projectors, I had issues with the wrong lights coming on, and the high beams staying on after the lights were turned off, or something funky like that. I just unplugged the DRL module connector on the drivers side fender wall. I'm not saying its the right thing to do, because you really should maintain your DRL. I may choose to install an aftermarket DRL kit from CT that includes instruction on which wire does what, unless I get really curious and find out how the stock unit works.
Cody
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

The only issure I had was with poor connections with the blue socket to factory adapter. I just cut the sockets out and soldered the wires together, as far as the issues you're having, they seem pretty strange. I'd definately see if there's a loose connection in your sockets.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmmm my lights worked great with the DRL, no problem plugging in!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

drl's are fine.. will have to solder soon as well.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

colinsmx3 wrote:hmmm my lights worked great with the DRL, no problem plugging in!
Colin...I've been expecting you. Way to rise above it man.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

ahha well mine do work fine and plugged in fine! I changed it around a little to have the lights come on when I want... but thats about it. The forum is for questions, I gave a respectible answer! :love2:
ImageImageImage
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I know I'm not in Canadia, but the blue harnesses on the lights are awful. I highly suggest you cut the blue harness off, and the stock harness as well and solder directly.

I'll be driving down the road, hit a bump, and it aggravates the blue harness and boop! The headlights turn off.
Crimping on connector ends will work as well, however, it's a inferior connection to soldering.

If you don't have a solder, I suggest getting one! I've heard good things about butane solder guns... but I bought a 120w inverter and a nice 30-45watt solder iron and just plugged it into the car.

I'd start there and work your way to the DRL. It could just be the faulty connection.

Sorry for the non Canadia response :(
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think realistically you can only expect so much for the price, I guess I'll find out when I install mine. I'm just waiting for you guys to work out the bugs. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

colinsmx3 wrote:ahha well mine do work fine and plugged in fine! I changed it around a little to have the lights come on when I want... but thats about it. The forum is for questions, I gave a respectible answer! :love2:
You were predictable and petty. However, as I said, I was expecting you.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Daninski wrote:I think realistically you can only expect so much for the price, I guess I'll find out when I install mine. I'm just waiting for you guys to work out the bugs. :lol:
I was totally expecting to run into fitment and function issues. I'm just a little baffled by the high beam thing. The DRL system just complicates it a little. I'll have it figured out by the end of the day tomorrow.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

wytbishop wrote:
colinsmx3 wrote:ahha well mine do work fine and plugged in fine! I changed it around a little to have the lights come on when I want... but thats about it. The forum is for questions, I gave a respectible answer! :love2:
You were predictable and petty. However, as I said, I was expecting you.
Forum War, 'Gladiators I Salute You' :rant2:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Forum wars are pointless...
I could tell you exactly how to wire it since mine work fine. But since you have something against me why would I help out. :shrug:
ImageImageImage
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i had the same DRL problem when i installed my HID's, with the relay going crazy. i just unplugged the DRL inbetween the fire wall and the driver side strut. and removed that box. i actually prefere it during the day how it looks without any lights on.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

colinsmx3 wrote:Forum wars are pointless...
I could tell you exactly how to wire it since mine work fine. But since you have something against me why would I help out. :shrug:
I have nothing against you Colin. I'm sure you're a terrific guy. I have something against pettiness and I am far too mature (old) to engage in any sort of war. If you actually have something of value to contribute I would of course love to hear it. If your only interest is in seizing opportunities to be petty, I have no time for you.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Appearance”