Track Teaser

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hppwdn

Track Teaser

Post by hppwdn »

After moving, changing jobs, and repainting the car it's been close to a year since I've raced. Wednesday was my first time out since I put it back together. Numbers aren't super spectacular, but I was there for some seat time and only running about 8psi. Also, just for sport, I'm running full interior, street tires, pump gas, base map, and my hefty toolbag in the bag.

13.0 @ 112 - You can even hear the turbo a little at the beginning of the burnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOY-o43 ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty cool burnout vid. One wheel wonder, but at least it was the one by the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnwTRt2h ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More to come as the track days progress. Going back tonight to run 10-12psi. If there's no spark blowout issues I expect some good times. The new surface at the track hooks amazingly.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Re: Track Teaser

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Nice trap speed. You should definitely hit some good times if you can get traction. Good luck this year.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
hppwdn

Re: Track Teaser

Post by hppwdn »

Got rained out tonight. Should be back next wednesday.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”