v6 eunos stumbling on take off

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pookie

v6 eunos stumbling on take off

Post by pookie »

Hi,

My son (18) is having dramas with his first car, a Mazda Eunos 30x v6 1994 model. It was running ok when he bought it a little over 6 months ago. However, it suddenly stopped working and a mechanic replaced the distributor and it seems better now except that it stumbles and seems to miss just when it starts to accelerate, then it smooths out and runs sweet :)

This is annoying because if it is driven really slowly to accelerate from being stationary its not so bad, it appears to happen under normal acceleration. But once it gets going its fine.

This is really got me stumped and my mecahnic has since left town lol and nobody else seems to know whats wrong, one electricial suggested its got a cheap "chinese" replacement distributor which is prone to problems...but I dont know if this is true.

I have replaced the leads and plugs, checked the firing order with another post on here somewhere but i seem to have it right.

I also have been told the engine is the same as a v6 Mx-3 ??

Anyway, its really frustrating and my son now wants to sell the car before it runs out of rego next week.

I dont know what to do, Id probably sell it if I knew how much its worth nowdays, paint and body is a bit rough, but interior is in good condition.

Any thought or ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers
pookie
Tommy

Re: v6 eunos stumbling on take off

Post by Tommy »

Thread needs to be closed
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: v6 eunos stumbling on take off

Post by Custommx3 »

Spam the forums again with the same post and your going to be banned, permanently.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”