Looking for more....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Drifterx

Looking for more....

Post by Drifterx »

Ok Ive just brought an 92 MX3 GS with a KLDE motor in it and its running a straight neck manifold from a used KLZE. Anyway I had a few questions both about the engine and on some body modifications.

1.)I know how the potent KLZE is straight out of the box but before I decide to get one, is there any way I can add more power without the use of nitrous? I know that adding a intake and exhaust is a start but I want to know more, possibly if theres anyway to get my bottom end up? Any types of forced induction i.e turbos or super chargers anyone can recomend?

2.)If I do go with the option of adding the KLZE what would I need to get started, and what kind of ECU and engine mounts would I need? Also are there any modifications I can source?

3.)As for the outside I saw the mazdaspeed front bumper, where would I find one along with a front lip?

4.)Finally I saw the carbon fiber hatch for the MX3. I guessing its pretty new but I had no luck in finding one for mine. Does anybody know where would I find one along with a price?
If anyone of other carbonfiber pieces I can add both inside the car and out can you let me know?

Thanks for the help, any infomation would be appreciated.
p.s:sorry if this post went on too long.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Looking for more....

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

welcome newbie!
imo i would recomend keeping the de and boost that.
heres the hot pipes:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 240%3A1318

probetalk.com has a megasquirt bulk buy. id' look into that.

that should start you out.
oh and for the cf hatch look up oscar (ez4fun)

good luck, and when you get more familar with the site start a worklog :)
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Drifterx wrote: 1.)I know how the potent KLZE is straight out of the box but before I decide to get one, is there any way I can add more power without the use of nitrous? I know that adding a intake and exhaust is a start but I want to know more, possibly if theres anyway to get my bottom end up? Any types of forced induction i.e turbos or super chargers anyone can recomend?
Start by getting the ZE and go from there, but really, without spending a good chunk of cash going with an all-motor setup, you can get maybe 200whp out of it with some minor internal mods like cams, pistons and megasquirt.
His worklog will give you a good idea:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Drifterx wrote: 2.)If I do go with the option of adding the KLZE what would I need to get started, and what kind of ECU and engine mounts would I need? Also are there any modifications I can source?
Buddy, you need to search around just a little bit, cause those questions are asked literally a few times a week. Just to say tho, that the K8, DE and ZE are all installed as such, do there's nothing special doing to a ZE.
Drifterx wrote: 3.)As for the outside I saw the mazdaspeed front bumper, where would I find one along with a front lip?

4.)Finally I saw the carbon fiber hatch for the MX3. I guessing its pretty new but I had no luck in finding one for mine. Does anybody know where would I find one along with a price?
Well, first you need to let us know where you live (or put it in your profile), we're not going to tell you where to buy a part if it's on the other side of the world compared to you. Secondly, talk to Oscar (EZ_4_FUN), he's the only that organized of the manufacturing of the CF hatch, and he can also get body kit parts, including the MazdaSpeed bumper. FYI, he's based in Toronto, Ontario.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”