Kill story! (at the track ;)

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Kill story! (at the track ;)

Post by fowljesse »

I did my first auotcross today.
It was freaking fun! Even though it reained, and my back hurt bad, it was awesome.
I threw my back out doing acrobatics with someone who hadn't done it before, and several other things, and a couple days ago, I dropped to the ground in pain, and couldn't walk upright (and still can't), but I ddin't want to miss the first race. Mooneggs, Stereoking15, and I went down south of where we live about 200 miles to the place. Stereoking15 consistantly got great times (beating all the Subaru's, and Honda's (except maybe 1), and Mooneggs got the best time out of the 3 of us! I kept missing gates (it was alot harder than I thought to se where they were). They were few, and far between, and there were no other markers, like paint stripes. The very last run, when I didn't miss any, I tied 1 of Mooneggs' times. It rained the whole time, and I have a cheapo tire on, and the rest are old, so on my last run, I slid more than gripped, but the balance was very neutral! With the swaybar, Wytbishop's endlinks, and the SRD reproduction crossmember, and rear tiebar, the car feels really solid, and re-tracked very well, after getting loose. There wasn't oversteer, or understeer. It was very neutral.
I would have gone harder, but with my back hurting, and having to drive ducked down with the helmet on, making it hurt worse, I didn't go all out. I did pretty well for my first time, though.
I'll put up a video, once I figure out how :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Re: Kill story! (at the track ;)

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Yeah man, Auto-X is very fun. I've been doing it for alittle while now in preparation for running road courses later on. I'm on street tires and out here I'm classed with EVOs, meaning basically I have no chance but still lots of good fun. The EVOs on street tires post better times than other cars on race tires, its insane. I wish they classed me with the V8s or V6 N/As, maybe I'd have a shot but they get confused with the rotary and are never really sure where to put me. Post up the video.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sounds like Jesse found a substitute for cable. Right on man. Take care of your back though, go get some relaxers, pain killers and be carefull for the next week or so. Your not getting any younger. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

good one Jesse, i miss going to the Estoril track.
Since i live on the top North of portugal right now, i am near another track.
When i get some tim€ , i will go with the K8
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

this is off-topic but have you thought about how you will feel when you get to old age, better hope you have good health insurance.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have good health insurance now. I didn't expect to make it much past 30, but now I've given up extreme sports, fighting, etc., and take care of myself, except the occasional instance like this.
I appreciate the concern. I still get tempted to do dumb fun things, but am doing pretty well ignoring them :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

mitmaks wrote:this is off-topic but have you thought about how you will feel when you get to old age, better hope you have good health insurance.
OR Move to Ontario... where it's FREE!!! ALL FREE!! Universal health care rules!! :lol:

On a side not.... I would love to try and autocross... but I am to afraid I will break something and it's way to heavy... I would do it in the 323 no problem though!! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Right on, man. Sounds nice. Are you gonna do Portland International at some point?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm going to do everything I can, even barrel racing!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I was quite impressed with Jesse's performance for it being his first time... sure he missed a few gates and whatnot but he got a good idea of what to expect from his car and that's what matters - SEAT TIME. And I didn't realize he was in such pain while he was driving - that's a bummer... Of course next time hopefully you will be feeling better and expectations will be higher BWAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

I really am a n00b too as this was only my second real event and am hoping to learn alot this year as I learn more about my car and it's capabilities... I think the mx-3 crew is going to make quite an impression this year in the NW!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”