New record KLZE turbo at the track!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

New record KLZE turbo at the track!

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah new record for SLOWNESS...

WTH!?

I ran consistant 15.1 and 15.2...

This track is ALL concrete.. My tires were worthless (nitto nt01) 15 inch.

I guess lightweight flywheel mixed with small tires = no traction.

I tried different launch methods.. I got a 15.7 when I completely gunned it in 1st gear... its like if the gear was not there.. it just slid..

and when I baby 1st gear it still slips.. it start grabbing by second gear.. Im going back next week with my stock 17 inch street tires and see what happens.. I was hoping to at least break into the 14s..

I did beat a grand prix gtp and a stock tiburon (of course)

a mustang beat me :/ and a 350z

Im at 5 psi.. no boost leaks... its the launch where I fail..

afs were at 11 under boost.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: New record KLZE turbo at the track!

Post by Daninski »

If anyone at the track asks just say your there to check tail lights. lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Have you tried skipping first gear all together?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

megasquirt, launch control/2 step, flat shift :) Make sure you prioritise traction, ease the clutch out. You probably shouldn't even let the clutch out fully in first gear with the power you are going to be making! (not that my 60's are any good :lol: ) Did you get your 60' times? I suspect that's where it's all going wrong.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Here are my sad times..

also its odd.. when I could cross the finish line.. my speedo read 100 mph but the slip read other wise..

Elapsed time: 15.165
Speed:92.82
Reaction time 0.719
60 foot:2.485

I used to cross the finish line at 88 - 90 mph.

Oh and the winds were about 5 mph against the track..

I guess my clutch isnt bad tho... I just snapped an axle doing a burn out..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

lol, if you read up you want to hold the RPMs at 3000. So launch from 3000 and slowly letting the clutch out until your car is up to speed at 3000, then take it maybe out to 5000, then shift and gun it. :)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

You gotta work on your 60' man, get a 2step ignition or try launching at a lower rpm and shifting abit earlier like bugs said and give'r in 2nd
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Regardless if you didn't beat that Tib... I would never talk to you again! :love2:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

tire pressure set at..>?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i wouldnt be holding my clutch down half way and giving her. thats a good way to burn out a $500.00 clutch. infact thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. defianetly dont do that.

you obviously have the power to run a fast quarter mile. if your engine is healthy and it is tuned correctly then you should have good 1/4 mile times.

what size tires were you running on the 15's? and are they just crappy tires? maybe invest in some drag radials?

sucks about your axle too.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I noticed today my clutch slips more... so yeah its defenetly a clutch issue. Im swapping over to a mx6 transmission anyway in a few weeks. Ill just change to a brand new expensive cluch and stock flywheel.

wow ive rebuilt this car over and over again... i mean taken out the engine a billion times lol

Im swaping over to my manual rack anyways and it will be easy yet again with the engine out :/
-hec

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hgallegos915 wrote:I noticed today my clutch slips more... so yeah its defenetly a clutch issue. Im swapping over to a mx6 transmission anyway in a few weeks. Ill just change to a brand new expensive cluch and stock flywheel.

wow ive rebuilt this car over and over again... i mean taken out the engine a billion times lol

Im swaping over to my manual rack anyways and it will be easy yet again with the engine out :/
din't you just change your clutch?
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I sure did... but it was not a good pof a clutch that I tought it was. I think it was a knock off version.. thats what I get for going the cheap way the first time..
-hec

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hgallegos915 wrote:I sure did... but it was not a good pof a clutch that I tought it was. I think it was a knock off version.. thats what I get for going the cheap way the first time..
i did that too i bought an ebay F1 racing shitt and now i have a bully stage 3 and i love it...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

johnmx3ze wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:I sure did... but it was not a good pof a clutch that I tought it was. I think it was a knock off version.. thats what I get for going the cheap way the first time..
i did that too i bought an ebay F1 racing shitt and now i have a bully stage 3 and i love it...
In other words you learned the hard way....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Forced Induction”