axels won't fit trans

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

axels won't fit trans

Post by matt-gerrard »

I'm having problems with my 2.5 ze trans my stock 1.8 half shaft axels won't fit I've tried fitting it in short of breakin my gears and I've asked around and read the boards...... But still having problems
Thanks in advance matt-gerrard
I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546
hgallegos915

Re: axels won't fit trans

Post by hgallegos915 »

where did that transmission came from?

you need special shafts that came with the tranny.. try mx6 shafts to see if the spline count adds uop and then have a shop make you a franken shaft. They can do it, well even you can.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

You want the Lantis trans as thats the same exact car as the mx-3, what you dont want its a jspec LSD from an mx6 they are the ones that have the wrong axles. The Lantis and Astina are what you should be looking for LSD from, the Mx6 has longer axles so they wouldn't work, though you can use the mx6 axles you just have to take them to an axle shop and have them and combine the mx3 axles that fit into the hub with the ones that go into the tranny, as the splines are different but this will fix the length issue. Good luck trying to find spiral axels if it's the Jspec
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

Post by matt-gerrard »

The trans came from jdm engine corp in Dallas texas.
I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546

Return to “Transmissions”