RS TO GS Alternator Swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93BlackMX3

RS TO GS Alternator Swap

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

What needs to be done to make this work?
93SOHC

Re: RS TO GS Alternator Swap

Post by 93SOHC »

I believe all that is different is the pulley. Use the RS one on the GS alternator
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

why dont you just get one for a mx6 and put it in all the same youll just have to change the upper bolt as the alt isnt threaded in that hole average amp out put ~90 mines at 100 (my dads an alternator/ starter genious thanks dad almost 30 years experance)
LIFE IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITED, TERMINAL, DESIESE. AND WE ALL SUFFER FROM IT.
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

no more drop in voltage (or rough idle) with radio blastin, ac goin and brake lights applied sorry i havnt been aroun in a while just been busy as hell lately hit me up if ya got any questions here or my email mudflap13@msn.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; title as MX-3 to avoid accental deleation
93BlackMX3

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

sorry I read that gs was the 90 amp alt. but basically thats what I wanna do. I went to the wreckers and they pulled out alt.s (the one i have in my car now and the 90 amp) We notice the mount had a rubber bushing built in to it, as you mentioned. The wreckers don't have the bolts so whatever I need to do I have to find the parts to do it. How can I do this swap? I need the bigger alt. to help me push 500 rms audio system, stop lights dimming and brakes dropping more voltage.
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

the plugs were the same on mine just had to put a bigger eye on wire going to battery and just a regular bolt washers and nut on the top hole nuthin to it man

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”