No more Whiteline swaybars?!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

No more Whiteline swaybars?!

Post by fowljesse »

So, I finally decided to order mine, and turbowholesale doesn't list them anymore, and niether does Whiteline :? Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong, and can't find them. I wrote to both of them, and will see what they say.
I did some screwing around with forging, straightening out thick American car suspension springs. I wonder if I could take a piece of hardened rod, and bend it to the right shape, and make a 22mm swaybar.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Re: No more Whiteline swaybars?!

Post by onlytrueromeo »

NOOO I wanted one Ive just been waiting til spring!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dammit! This is the same situation with my SRD stuff...decide to wait until spring, and by then they no longer have them! :evil:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

wow i didn't even know they had them lol
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

That blows...

I am gonna try to source out a 96 swaybar, see if I get lucky
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I did a little research into making my own sway bars. The tricky bit is the material. 4120 spring steel is very expensive. One of the branches of the company I work for manufactures rod in various sizes for the oil field. I was trying to figure out if one of our products would do the job but never got very far. The materials people here know everything there is to know about continuous sucker rod and almost nothing about anything else.

Heating and bending it in a jig wouldn't be a problem, but then giving it the correct temper would be difficult. Not many places have an oven that can fit a bent up sway bar.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

they do have them here aparently

http://www.globalperformanceparts.com/w ... 24133.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and looks llike they might also have them at whiteline

http://www.whiteline.com.au/default.asp ... aybars.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Also note from Whiteline, that the MX-3 part number is a rear sway bar in 22mm diameter. They list no front sway bar for MX-3. The best shot at a front oversized sway bar is the BG 323 GTX 24mm bar. I'm not sure if it would work though as the 4WD cars had different front sub frames.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. Thanks Ukrman. I didn't think to look up the part #.
I ordered it, finally. They are cheaper there than they were at turbowholesale, too :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Apparently Corksport has them listed too now...

http://corksport.com/store/category/53g ... _misc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol:
I went on a rant campaign to anyone I could think of about not having them.
I guess it worked.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Hmm... will a stiffer rear sway bar result in more oversteer or understeer?

I'd really like to reduce my overall body roll. I have SRD polyurethane front sway bar bushings that I need to install.. didn't find the time. I'd really like to change both sway bars, but I guess we're out of luck for the front eh?

I've got a '96 so I suppose I'm lucky to begin with. but the body roll is pretty bad on our cars. :/
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yoda did a great post about this. He said, along with the rear swaybar upgrade, and other things, it's actually best to not even use the front swaybar. The rear upgrade ruduces understeer more than I expected. I haven't had a chance to push the car to the point of understeer again, yet, since it's at a higher speed that will take some getting used to. I will be installing the SRD reproduction stuff before the car I get a chance to test it, so it'll be interesting :D
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

Hey jesse, hows the swaybar working out for you, feel any difference? Hows the SRD crossmemebr and rear tie bar?
92 Mazda MX3 GS

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

FYI - corksport and globalperformanceparts has these on backorder now until the end of May... :crying:

I found a listing on ebay.com.au but wanted an extra $100 for shipping :?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”