Anyone here ever run a KLDE ECU on a MX3?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Anyone here ever run a KLDE ECU on a MX3?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Wether its on a KLDE engine or KLZE. Does a KLDE ecu work on the MX3?

I ask this because from what i know, the distributors are different on the MX3 than the Probe and MX6. Something to do with wiring.

Just curious incase I have problems tomorrow with my MX6 ECU
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
solo_ryder

Re: Anyone here ever run a KLDE ECU on a MX3?

Post by solo_ryder »

Jeeze.

You have a 92-93 mx3 right? Disties are the same as the 93 probe.

ECU will work, VRIS will be off and you will have less power.

I don't even know why I look at these threads, get the PROPER equipment and then you wouldn't have problems that you need to post about
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

What if the ECU is a 94?
Arent 95 ECUs OBD II? Is there such thing as a OBD II ECU?
Would a 95 ECU even hook up to the 93 wiring harness?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:What if the ECU is a 94?
Arent 95 ECUs OBD II? Is there such thing as a OBD II ECU?
Would a 95 ECU even hook up to the 93 wiring harness?
My 95 is OBDI

95 ECU would hook up fine as long as it's the same OBD. OBDII ECU will have 4 slots on the back instead of 3.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

I have a 96 KLDE ecu OBDI works fine
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

96 OBD1? Not wanting to argue BUT unless you or someone else swapped wiring harnesses thats very unlikely. It was a legal requirement that cars be OBD2 from 96 on. As far as disties go I know my 96MX3 takes the same disty as a OBD2 Probe. I took one aff as a spare. But yes Solo why do we even look at these posts. Because we're nice guys who can't help but want to help even the most,,,off the wall queries.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

what i don't understand is why this question is even being asked. Its not like we haven't gone over this time, after time, after time, after time. it seems like every time someone does a swap we have to go through this with someone, or someone has an issue with there freaking ecu/maf setup when its been stated which setup to use.

I don't understand, someone please explain this to me, one of the easiest motor swaps ever becomes a major issue for most people. the freaking drop is plug in play if you really wanted to you could just swap the motor and go.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

We use Search, type in KLZE swap and get fifty posts just like this one. I'll search the FAX, maybe it's time to update.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I ran a kl07 ford probe GT on my ze and it idled better but the gas milage was absolutley horrible (compared to k8 ecu which is bad) and failed aircare probably the worst result in the history of canada
Just run the probinator ecu made for the mx-3 it is unbelievable
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

Mnemonic wrote:what i don't understand is why this question is even being asked. Its not like we haven't gone over this time, after time, after time, after time. it seems like every time someone does a swap we have to go through this with someone, or someone has an issue with there freaking ecu/maf setup when its been stated which setup to use.

I don't understand, someone please explain this to me, one of the easiest motor swaps ever becomes a major issue for most people. the freaking drop is plug in play if you really wanted to you could just swap the motor and go.
For real, yo.

Then again I wonder why the majority of questions are even asked, and not even just on this site. It doesn't even have to do with searching in this case... why would you even want to? It's designed for a different engine with different fuel/ignition maps etc.

That being said, you might get away with it, but most likely you're either going to get sh.t fuel economy, have it running like it wants to lay down and die, or both.
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”