Type R being built

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdags94

Type R being built

Post by mazdags94 »

I was thinking about converting my MX-3 GS to a Type R. I was just wondering if I had all the right parts:

1) Pep Boys "R" Letter
2) eBay decal set (NOS, brembo, etc)
3) Stick on hood scoop
4) Chrome door trim
5) Spinning Hub caps (chrome!!)
6) eBay N1 muffler (should add at least 20HP)
7) Oh... and can't forget about the aluminum wing in the rear (+10HP)!!!
8 ) Stick on side vents
9) euro side markers
10) empty NOS bottle (not connected but will make me people wonder)

Is there anything else that anyone thinks I need for this project? Oh, and I'm also gonna be cutting my springs so she'll be slammed!!!!! Maybe I'll pick up some vinyls...... some big toy soldiers would be bad a** on my hood....

(sorry, nothing better to do) 8)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
solo_ryder

Re: Type R being built

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like your copying a few other cars on this forum... :roll:
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

solo_ryder wrote:Sounds like your copying a few other cars on this forum... :roll:
SWEET! It's not my car!! Cause I don't even have 1 thing on that list!! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Make the spinners gun metal. You want them to know you mean business not just following everyone else. Oh and don't forget the ebay muffler turbo gadget.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

colinsmx3 wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:Sounds like your copying a few other cars on this forum... :roll:
SWEET! It's not my car!! Cause I don't even have 1 thing on that list!! :lol:
Haha no not you Colin, I like your car
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Bwahaha! As soon as I saw "Type R", I went :roll: :?

I was wondering if you could pull it off somehow.
Sounds like like "Yes!"

Maybe you could get a custom "Mazmo" sticker.
How could you overlook the Electric turbo?
And for better gas mileage, the Turbinator.
CF vynil.
Bondo ground effects.
Skip the sound system, and get something that will shake the $#!t out of your windows, doors, and hatch. A little motor with a counterweighted shaft for each winow would work great.
Pep Boys rims, and "Low profile" tires... No not real ones.. Get the thinnest tires you can find (do they make 95 50 15?), and strreetch them onto your rims!
And start with an automatic for "quick shifting".
Paint the car with some "awesome" color off the shelf, and spray over everything! The rubber, trim, and stuff looks sweet all the same color, and the bumps and dings won't show through tOO much.
Man it's gonna be DOPE! Hurry, and get it done. Don't fuss with the details.
Oh! And inflate your front tires to like 55 psi, for some wicked burnouts!
Do a worklog!!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

ANNND..
Get huge glue on red caliper covers! (I invented these as a joke in my head, and was shocked, and horrified to find them on Egay).
"Racing" steering wheel, and seats.
Make a "Look alike" FMIC. Maybe you could get a A/C radiator, and paint it silver!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

^^^^^ ODD I was just on ebay and saw these caliper covers! ahahah
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

damn, I KNEW I forgot some things. I cant believe I forgot the electric turbo!!!! I bought one now and the blow off valve tube sounder that bolts to the exhaust.. I already have the caliper covers and they are DOPE!

Good call on the gunmetal spinners, I DO mean business.

I"m thinkin CRAZY tint, that green slime looking stuff with a metallic sheen.

You guys prolly think I'm crazy but I'm pretty well known in the import tuner scene. I am a mastermind of mods. Here's a pic of my last car:

You wouldn't believe how many heads I turned with this thing!!! :wink:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

don't forget the timex gauges lol

92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Everyone overlooked the most important thing GIANT "APC" windshield banner
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah! And the + 80HP, +25mpg REAL performance chip.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

man.... I cant WAIT to get this project under way..... I'm so excited.

Oh, and I picked up one of those cyclone pieces for the intake. That should make it about 10HP faster.

I love eBay parts.... :lol:
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

I have to admit, I saw the title of this thread and almost grabbed my flamethrower... then I read the first couple of lines and knew you were 100% "serious" business :lol:.

Don't forget to invest in some LED tire valve lights and a 7 foot tall JDM cardboard and plywood wing!

Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

as soon as i read the words "Type r and mod" in the same sentence..i instantly thought of that episode of the simpsons where homer uses the pick axe to put "speed holes" in the hood of his car to make it go faster...let me know how that works out for ya :welder:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”