Anyone have a set of these LED Mirrors?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Shades

Anyone have a set of these LED Mirrors?

Post by Shades »

Has anyone had a set of these LED Mirrors???

How is the fitment?
How is the quality?... I know you get what you pay for.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Anyone have a set of these LED Mirrors?

Post by Ryan »

Bidding ended in that link, and I can't find another set via search.. but if its the ones I think they are, yes, someone has tried them, adn they didn't fit very well, and there was a giant fight over the legality of the LED's.... lots of rice acusations too.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have a set of these that I've been meaning to put on my car for about a year :lol: I've been too busy. I got them from a guy on here that sent me pics of them on his car, and they actually looked really good, surprisingly natural. He said they worked fine. Normally, I wouldn't have thought of it, but I have scratches on my mirrors, and I like the idea of having extra turn signals, especially that far out. I reshaped mine to flow better with the shape of the car, also. I'll put them on, soon, and put them in my worklog. Mine have amber LEDs. If I don't like them, I'll take out the LEDs, and put them in some stock mirrors.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

You guys probably know this already - just to be redundant -
If the led color is anything other than yellow - you will get into trouble with the cops.....
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

^^^^^ Depending on WHERE you are in the world! Up here in Ontario you can have White/clear, Red, Orange, Yellow, Anything OTHER then Purple (funeral car), Green (volunteer firefighter), Blue (snow removal vehicle). That is all thank you! :freak:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It can't be hard to wire in orange LEDs from Radio Shack, can it?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

colinsmx3 wrote:^^^^^ Depending on WHERE you are in the world! Up here in Ontario you can have White/clear, Red, Orange, Yellow, Anything OTHER then Purple (funeral car), Green (volunteer firefighter), Blue (snow removal vehicle). That is all thank you! :freak:
What if you fit a really low body kit to the front? Then would you be able to use blue lights? It'll be a snow plow. :lol:
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

With the new street racing laws - it would be wise to be very careful......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_ ... ing#Canada" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... .htm#BK110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

shameem wrote:With the new street racing laws - it would be wise to be very careful......
ahaha if you only knew.... The street racing law is BS 80% of ppl get off of the charges since it's INOCCENT untill proven Guilty, since they take your licence and car away on the spot there breaking the rules!
Not to mention look at the car I drive... I never get pulled over, maybe it's cause I drive like an adult and keep my car up to the legal limits! Since I have the Police edition Book about modifications! ehehe
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

colinsmx3 wrote:
shameem wrote:With the new street racing laws - it would be wise to be very careful......
ahaha if you only knew.... The street racing law is BS 80% of ppl get off of the charges since it's INOCCENT untill proven Guilty, since they take your licence and car away on the spot there breaking the rules!
Not to mention look at the car I drive... I never get pulled over, maybe it's cause I drive like an adult and keep my car up to the legal limits! Since I have the Police edition Book about modifications! ehehe
Funny thing, I just read an article written by a paralegal about those laws. He said that technically it's unconstitutional, but there hasn't been any precedent about it so legally they're able to do that and the judge could side with the cop with no consequence.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “Appearance”