mx-3 v6 getting a kl-ze , what tranny can i put in?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
atomic froster

mx-3 v6 getting a kl-ze , what tranny can i put in?

Post by atomic froster »

like the title says i have a 92 v6 thats getting a klze in a couple days and i think im going swap my tranny out as i have some trouble getting it into gear sometimes... what trannys can i use? the engine importer said i can have the one that comes with the klze for 400 and it will work and give me better power ratio. thoughts?
solo_ryder

Re: mx-3 v6 getting a kl-ze , what tranny can i put in?

Post by solo_ryder »

You can use another mx3 tranny, but there are a few options..

Mx3 and Ford probe trans are the same, they have a gearing which allows for better acceleration, but higher revs on highway

The Mazda mx6 and Mazda 626 have gearing which is better on the highway (a few hundred rpm lower) but at a sacrifice of some acceleration, but top speed is better.

They are all g25m-r transmissions so they are all interchangeable.. Good luck!
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

sweet thanks for the info... i was worried that i might get something that wouldnt work, but it sounds kinda fool proof. now i just need to find the cheapest(non ebay) clutch
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Lots of posts here on clutches, just use the search option. Your motor mounts are in need of upgrade as well. Either spend big bucks and buy new ones (Corksport) or buy some Durathane 90 for about $50 bucks, thoroughly clean, sand and fill yours with the Durathne 90 and your good to go. Expect the shifter bolts to be seized in, I used penitrant on mine and with the help of a pneumatic chizel got them out. Buy new ones and the plastic bushings as well. Take pics of your engine before removal if you can, makes it easier to figure out what goes where after. Finally replace all belts and hoses, it's easier now than later. Good luck
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

im not doing the work, a performance auto shop here called 1st stop auto is doing the work. but ill let them know about the mounts ... THANKS :D

Return to “Transmissions”