Eunos 30x - Misfires

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
N4than

Eunos 30x - Misfires

Post by N4than »

G'day everyone, I'm new around these parts but I have been reading these forums for the last few weeks.

I'm the new owner of a 94 Eunos 30x (K8) which I purchased around 4 weeks ago, and until recently it has been one of the smoothest cars I've ever driven (my previous car was a Nissan Pulsar). It appears to be well looked after by the previous owner.

The problem began about a week or so ago and I've been struggling to find the fault (and so have the auto electricians I have taken it to). It misfires and runs rough at idle, the misfires only occur between 1000RPM and 3500RPM, it's more noticeable when it is labouring a little going up a hill, but still also noticeable on the straits. It only occurs when the engine is warmed up, from a cold start driving around the block it won’t miss or carry on and feels smooth like it used to when I first purchased it.

So far I have replaced the spark plugs, all ignition leads and checked the timing. I have also got a friend to rev it while I was pushing on the rubber air intake hoses after the airflow meter. The airflow meter and pipes appear to be quite new looking, which makes me think they have recently been replaced. I've checked the rotor and distributer looks quite clean inside (maybe new?).

So I'm stumped and no mechanics down where I live seem to be able to help me, so I need some help from the experts. :)

For it to only be misfiring while warmed up and not when it is still cold, I could only conclude that it is a sensor or some such somewhere. I'm no mechanic but don’t mind getting my hands dirty as I'm a technician by trade, just bare with me if I ask really stupid questions.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Nathan
projectzemx3

Re: Eunos 30x - Misfires

Post by projectzemx3 »

check the compression of all the cylinders. could be possible that after 3500 rpms the motor is spinning so quickly a misfire is so quick you dont notice it.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Eunos 30x - Misfires

Post by SuperK »

Have you pulled codes? (Can you on a Eunos?)

I would wonder if the O2's have been replaced, my 4 banger misfired until 3500, then it was smooth sailing.

Turned out my O2 sensor was at fault. Unplug your 02 sensors, and see if your symptoms change. It shouldn't misfire unplugged, if they are at fault.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”