Valve cover gasket part number and question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wevie

Valve cover gasket part number and question

Post by wevie »

1994 1.6L.

I have a LOT of oil around the #1 spark plug. Car is only running on 3 cylinders and not on #1. I will assume that a valve cover gasket and a new spark plug will solve the problem.

1.) Can't find a valve cover gasket. Parts counter idiots are no help. Anyone give me a decent part number to ask for?

2.) The valve cover gasket - does it come with seals for around the spark plugs? If not, is there a part number for those seals?

Thanks!!!
Meanie

Re: Valve cover gasket part number and question

Post by Meanie »

I purchased a gasket at a local AutoZone. It's simply a rubber gasket about 1/4 inch thick.

I don't have a OEM parts number but when I arrive home from work today I can get the AutoZone part number for you, which may have a reference to the OEM.

Do you plan to do the task yourself?
pumpkin king

Re: Valve cover gasket part number and question

Post by pumpkin king »

ask for a vcg for a 95-97 kia sephia it the same gasket!!!!! That what I did for my 95 rs
My Metallic Mistress
95 mx3 4 to 6 swap progress is very,very slow. Its really just sitting there!!
95 Probe GT,Gumetal,Shaved and rebuilt ZE heads,intake p and p,UR UDP, MX-3 Flywheel,Razor hood,Quad Sleepy Eyes,BSA wheels,Sparco seats,STS,CM stage 3, CAI, DUEL CD, 96 Black tails,StreetGlow inside and out, 5% tint. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”