hot etest (hamilton and area)

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
BritGT

hot etest (hamilton and area)

Post by BritGT »

I have a klze curveneck installed on my 93 probe gt, and its running healthy but there is very little chance of it passing a etest as curvenecks have no egr and i have a high flow cat, now if asked about the hot rod etest and both clean air and a garage have told me that because its the same displacement it cant be classed as a hot rod.
I'm not a "dodgy" bloke by any means but it seems that there is no way to pass a etest throught the proper channels and i need one asap, so if you know anyone who can do this in the hammilton area or surrounding please pm me.
thanks
colinsmx3

Re: hot etest (hamilton and area)

Post by colinsmx3 »

I don't know if blatentlly asking for a "HOT' E-test is a good idea..... :shrug: Who know's who's watching! I know for a fact State farm creeps Facebook for tuner cars... thats why I set mine to Private! ahah
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mine as well as others have passed e-tests no probem. The combo that seems to work best is a KL31 or KL36 with a JE50 VAF. A Probinator will fail it seems

Another trick is adding 1gal of Coleman fuel into 1/3 tank.

Regardless, you should be able to pass legitamately even under K8 standards if the motor is running right; good cat and good 02's helps alot.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Xearo

Post by Xearo »

mine was so messed up i had to go conditional, but my buddy's....he has the probinator chip and an untouched klze, he passed....if someone tells you the probinator won;t pass, they are full of crap, cuz i've seen it

you don;t need a 'hot' test unless ur car is running poorly...in which case you should get it fixed..the extra gas mileage will be worth it

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”