i was just "front ended" by a drunk driver

Off-Topic Discussions
shameem
Supporting Member

i was just "front ended" by a drunk driver

Post by shameem »

I am a bit pissed and wanted to vent - i was just cruising on michigan ave near canton mi. I stopped for a red light and there was a oldsmobile 90 or something like that on the left lane - i didnt even give that car a second look. When the light turned green i just started driving and got up to speed (55mph limit). I didnt tear off the line - i didnt rev my engine - i just pulled off like normal. The oldsmobile couldnt keep up with me and was way far behind. I was just cruising and i suddenly see this oldsmobile coming behind me at very high speed - he pulled into a right turn lane and passed me cutting me off in the process. I slowed down and then he stood on his brakes right in front of me - since i had already slowed down i avoided him. He then revved his engine like mad a pulled off - i was like - i dont even want to deal with idiots like you and i just got upto normal speed - suddenly this guy comes into my lane again and stands on his brake - i avoided him narrowly and the vehicle behind me avoided me narrowly. I am pissed - but i am trying to keep my sense and drive normally and he does it again third time - i hit him in the back. I called 911 immediately. He didnt stop went for like 1/4 of mile and stopped. Ofcourse there was no damage to him but my hood was folded in and the hood latch is touching the radiator.

The cops come along 30 minutes later and here's the unbelievable part - The guy claims that he was trying to turn into side road and i was tailing him and rear ended him. Now it's his word against my word and the cop says he doesnt believe me because there was no "witness". So i walk over to this driver along with the cop and asked him - why would you do such a thing - i dint cut you off or look at you wrong or something like that - why would you do this to me? He starts shouting that "you are trying to run me over with your car" - i am like WTF - and thats when i realize he is drunk off his a--. I tell this to the cop and the cop is "surprised". I move within 6ft of the driver and i can smell alcohol very well. The driver says that i tailed him and came very close to him two times - and hit him the third time. So i ask him - how many turns were you trying to make on this road and he stares at me like deer caught in headlights. The cop then turns around says it's still your fault because it's your responsibility to stop no matter what the other driver is doing. It's pretty clear to me at this point race is playing a significant role - so i ask the cop if he is going to do a sobriety test on him. The cop glares at me and goes back to his car and gets the kit. He did the test 4 or 5 times - finally he says the driver is clear because he is under the limit - turns out he blew a 0.06 or something like that (this was like 40 minutes after the accident) and since it was under the legal limit the cop is not going to do anything about that.

At this point i am certain that i am not going to see justice here. So i just went to the side of the road and the cop's partner (different race) who has been silent till now came over and talked to me. He says that he believes me but cannot do anything against his partner. So we chat a little and he gives me some advice and stuff. He completely understands my situation and then goes to his partner and starts arguing for me. Finally the other cop says ok - i will write it up as the driver suddenly slowed down and the other driver (me) ran into him. He says he wont mention the sobriety test because the driver is under the legal limit. At this point i am like whatever - just let me go home.

Finally i get home and i inspect the damage - the headlights are out of alignment - the front part of the hood is all bent - and the hood wont latch. The speedometer also stopped working - but i think thats a electrical issue somewhere. I am going to take a look in the morning tomorrow.

Sorry for the long story - i just wanted to vent and go to sleep. Moral of the story if you see an oldsmobile (license 2fh6g4) - stay clear of him - he is one crazy a--hole - i hope he dies a horrible death.
Flyer

Re: i was just "front ended" by a drunk driver

Post by Flyer »

That is actually a pretty common tactic people use to scam insurance...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

:evil: Scum. Some twat in an Audi tried that on me, first tailgated me then overtook and slammed on the brakes, fortunately my distance was sufficient. Then another time an Audi was tailgating me so I shot by the cars in the slow lane so I could pull in the gap in front of them. The car I just pulled in front of was an undercover cop car, they pulled me over for speeding. Why was I speeding? To get away from the **** tailgaiting me. I was let off with a warning, meanwhile the Audi has long gone at 90mph+.

My conclusions are, cops are amazing at getting it completely wrong, and Audi drivers are stereotypically arrogant over here.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

That blows. If it were me, I'd be "sending some friends to pay him a visit."

We should have donations set up for repairs for members like you.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That is a really unfortunate thing man. I genuinely feel for you.

You have his license plate number...i'm just saying.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry to hear about this happeneing, I think you exercised good judgement. I've gotten out in the past, and hit the guy half a dozen times in the face however in this day and age the other guy probably has a gun and'll pop one of those cap thingies in your glutimas maximus. Generally speaking any time you rear end someone it's always your fault if there's no witnesses so it may not of been a race thing.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

did i mention how much I hate cops, and yes some of them are racist, like in your case. I would take it court and get a good lawyer, you deserve justice.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

wow that sucks man...but do you really think race has anything to do with the way the cop handled it...you do drive a import that, to a cop has RICE written allllll over it...im jus sayin :shrug:..this day and age sometimes its better to handle problems WITHOUT cops....some good ol' vigalante justice if ya kno what i mean
ImageImageImageImage
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You have his license plate number...I'm just sayin'.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

:shock: WOW man that sux, I feel your pain. Hopefully everything works out for the best.

I had something ridiculous happening to me too. I had my dad's millenia parked on a side of the street at night. In the middle of the night some underaged girl slams into one car, then into mine, tries to run and hits a third car. I didn't hear this but my neighbor went outside and talked to the cops and everything. It turns out the that girl only had a permit, was drunk and was driving her friends car, however when I got the incident report there was nothing saying about anything like that, just said that the girl lost control of the car. Luckily her insurance paid me but just soooo messed up that.

BTW the it was a 25mph speed limit, and my dads car was totalled.... and the other two pretty badly messed up, and in the incident report is says she wasn't speeding..... its impossible to do that much damge doing less then 25mph LOL, my dad'd car ended up resting up against the tree lol

heres a couple pics for your entertainment

92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Dibs on that chrome rim. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

haha.... surprisingly there really wasn't much significant damage to the rim.... unless I missed it lol
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

redmxlookin4turbo

Post by redmxlookin4turbo »

you should of cut him off or ran him off the road lol
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

just to make you feel better about any damage to your car..a couple days ago my buddy rolled his 96 mx3 with only 130km on it...its now a paperweight :(
PS; this is the same car i finished doing body work on only a week ago
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Off-Topic”