KLZE collant temp sensors

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

KLZE collant temp sensors

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Okay, i need some help here. Im puzzled. Ive got the ze swap done and since ive swapped my ecu(kl36) my rad fan has been constantly on. Im thinking its because of the coolant temp sensors, but when i look at my filler neck it has 2 temp sensors, and this is really throwing me off.

There is one sensor that has a blade and butt conector style, and thers another that has a regular temp sensor socket.

Now im thinking that maybe one of my sensors is defective but im not sure. What i really need is a closeup picture of the coolant sensors on a ze engine in an mx-3.

At my work we use this website to sell electrical products. http://www.standardbrand.com/web_app/ca ... atalog.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When i look up a 1994 mx3 i get the coolant temp sensor tx40. Now when i look up a 1994 probe i get ts276 which is different than the mx-3 but has the same connector. Now Do i have to use the mx-3 temp sensor or would the probe temp sensor work?

What really doesnt make any sense is that people say that there are 2 temp sensors that controll the fan. one to turn it on and one to turn it off. There is only one listing for one of the temp sensor for the probe so im wondering what the other sensor looks like and what its sapossed to be. So a picture would really help me out right now. Im sick of having my car run in limp mode.....
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
marcdh

Re: KLZE collant temp sensors

Post by marcdh »

There's a pic I had already, prob not much use as it shows the k8 filler neck with the disused sensor rather than the ones in use.

ImageThere's one sensor...
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
MX3ak

Re: KLZE collant temp sensors

Post by MX3ak »

ARE YOU GUYS SURE, A KL ECU USES A GREEN PLUG FOR ENGINE TEMP???

I don't think so :|
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”