ignition key assembly

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
blink_2009

ignition key assembly

Post by blink_2009 »

I recently bought a 1992 mx3 precidia. The guy i bought it from a long time friend, had it stolen and got it back, the ignition tumblers are destroyed and I have no idea how to remove it? I am toyin with a elctric security swtch but I would also like to know how the electrics work in the ignition area. I havent actually got down and got right in there to check where current is comin from and what I thought I would poll some experts on this one before i start cuttin and what not :P hopefully you can help me out.

THNX
mazdanut08

Re: ignition key assembly

Post by mazdanut08 »

I beleive there is one screw behind the plastic peice behind the key cylinder. Take out the screw, pry back the little clip, and pull it out and use a flat head screwdriver and you can now start the car ect... without a key. Thats for a temp solution, Just find another ignition and key set and replace it, theres like two allen screws on top of the steering column.
blink_2009

Re: ignition key assembly

Post by blink_2009 »

Wicked!! I kinda thought thats where i had to begin but wasnt 100%, thnx much ! I'll give it a try!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”