Mx3 paint ideas?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hgallegos915

Mx3 paint ideas?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well its been about a year and a half if not more.

I have no garage so the el paso weather, my crazy driving.. has well.. taken a toll in my cars paint. What color do you guys suggest?

heres an old pic.

No the paint is not as good anymore. My front bumber is cracked from running over bunnies(literally) in my street.

I wanted somethign unique just like this color my car had.

I as thinking something golden? or I dunno.. black with red pearl? I dunno..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Stablo87

Re: Mx3 paint ideas?

Post by Stablo87 »

You should see what I have planned for my car. I'll post pics if it comes out ok.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I've always favored the midnight purple found on skylines.

You'd be the only one with a midnight purple one UNTIL I finish mine and get it painted.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Dude, you totally STOLE my idea (black w/ red pearl)! Well, you're far enough away, so I'll allow it :wink: I just bought black Interlux Brightside boat paint, and will be painting mine soon with my girlfriend. It's a self leveling 1 stage enamel with Teflon, and UV reflectors, and some other fancy stuff. It's made to brush, or roll on. Since it's 1 stage, it can br re-applied, if scratched, damaged, etc..., and won't fade. With all the best materials, and paint, it cost me $100, including sandpaper, mixing buckets, the best brushes ($25), everything.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdanut08

Post by mazdanut08 »

fowljesse, I feel like Im stalking all of your posts haha but you have some of the best ideas. I found this link http://carpainting.wetpaint.com/page/Ro ... int?t=anon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I am thinking about painting my car as well Black with red pearl haha JK I think I am going to paint a nice blue, But anyways what kind of brushes and rollers and different things will I need. I know in that link it says somethign about ketone to thin it or something?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Hey, Hec, I hope I'm not jacking th thread, but this may interest you..

Well.. I researched this, to the point that my girlfriend was impressed, and annoyed :lol:
Here's what I got:
Interlux Brightside paint, from a boat store (West Marine, they're everywhere), their paint thinner (they call it brushing liquid), their best fine bristle brush ($25!), and a good brush, T-shirts from a thrift store for rags, and an assortment of sandpaper, ranging from 220, to 2000.
Brightside has some beautiful blues, and can be mixed. I was on the forum that started the whole $50 paintjob (you can find it in Google. It's a Mopar site) that is now over 400 pages long. You can still do it for $50, and have a great looking job, but for black, Interlux is the way to go.
I'm going to do a "how-to" for this. There's alot to know, to do it right. I saw a Miata on the afore mentioned forum that is a black mirror. I'm going to have my girlfriend brush it on, and I'm going to follow her, smoothing it out.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”