Best Intake?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jbud1291

Best Intake?

Post by jbud1291 »

hey guys i was looking around for different intakes and i found the Weapon-r Polished Dragon Air Intake and the Weapon-r Secret Weapon Intake. which of the two is better? are there any other intakes that work good with the mx3? by the way i have the 1.8 v6. thanks guys, jim
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Best Intake?

Post by Mnemonic »

none, all intakes are the same, spend 15 dollars on ebay pipes and go buy you a nice k&n filter, unless you like throwing away money
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

you could always do the Stablo custom intake :P
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

How do you guys think about olied and dry filters than?

K&N is an oid filter while you could get a dry one for just 20 bucks
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I had an PRM cold air intake on my RS before and it was great.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

typically oiled filters are reusable, the cheap 20 dollar ones are paper and you cant reuse them
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

zzzoomx3 wrote:you could always do the Stablo custom intake :P
That was a super burn!!!!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Check out the FAQ, if you want to get the most out of it. IMO, the BEST intake is a short ram air. I'm working on one that has a hood scoop. In low rpms, it doesn't have to suck through a long tube, and in high rpms, the air is forced into it, like a super/ turbo charger.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

fowljesse wrote:Check out the FAQ, if you want to get the most out of it. IMO, the BEST intake is a short ram air. I'm working on one that has a hood scoop. In low rpms, it doesn't have to suck through a long tube, and in high rpms, the air is forced into it, like a super/ turbo charger.
thats why subarus have their intake sitting right there on the top right under hood scoop. Best design imo.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”