klze swapped today

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

klze swapped today

Post by maryus »

It was not me that did the job , it was Nagano shop here in montreal ... well they left me an old belt dont know which one but its all cracked. I hear some pssss in the engine bay and some ps ps ps ps somewhere to the exhaust .... i need to change the catback + eliminate the damn cat ,,, after upgrade the ECU and then waiting to see what i get from PRM . its not very fast for the moment , i think due to the k8 ecu and stock pipe and intake system ( i do have headers )
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: klze swapped today

Post by Mnemonic »

little heads up for future reference,

When it comes to a CAI the most important piece is the Filter, PRM is overpriced for what you get. for 15 dollars you can get a CAI on ebay, then go buy a nice K&N air filter, and have the same if not slightly better setup (depending on what filter you get).

Now if you were turbo this would be a whole different story, IE add a CAI to a mazdaspeed 6 and you will gain on average 20whp. NA your not going to see to much power delivered its just about the sound and making sure your engine can breath.

and a ZE is still fast on a k8 ecu/je50 vaf with stock intake and stock exhaust/no headers.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
maryus

Post by maryus »

even on the mx3 2" stock exhaust and a new cat restricting air flow ? :)

i do not think its gonna feel very fast.

Well , i loose cars in the back much easier to be honest :) just with a little throttle, it impressed me the most.
Checked the codes , KL31 1A1 on the heads , then KL69 on the throttle body ...

I dont know but the RPM it is not going right away to the normal ... after accelerating and coming to a stop it stays at around 1k and after a while it comes to normal ... Why it does like that ?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

thats normal
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i am running a straight 2.5" exhaust with after-market headers and no cat and CAI on my ZE and havent chipped my ECU yet - so you should be doing pretty good :)
the only problem i have with my throttle is when the engine is hot, my throttle 'sticks' - when i come to a stop and put it in neutral - the RPMs jumped up to @ 2500 and i have to pull up on my gas pedal with my foot to get them back down - its weird, but it happened with my K8 too, so i know its not the ZE...
maryus

Post by maryus »

IT"S off topic just want to share with somebody what happened today ,i am deprimated and full of hate on cops!

I almost want to cry !! i hate cops now , specially here in montreal. You guys are lucky if you dont get pulled off by the cops !

Well here it goes , i went to a shop to do my exhaust , they did a 2.5" pipe but the same shape like the stock , not straight, then removed the new cat , then installed an awesome muffler !

Then when i almost got home , the cops stopped me, i got a ticket of 154$ , IT'S racism guys , they really cry after hearing those engines i swear !!! I drove normally when i got the ticket , i am gonna contest this! i did not know you are not allowed to have a loud muffler here , plus after seeing so many crap hondas with damn mufflers ... cannot even compare the klze sound with the rest !!! the best engine for this car guys , if you have the chance go for it.

After i changed my exhaust i felt the KLZE FURY i swear ! this engine .. OMG .. damn ... love my seat :)))

-----

so then i went back to the shop , installed the cat again , but left the same configuration , still makes like a crazy fury when i accelerate hard.

Anyway i will go tomorrow to change the free flow muffler with something that its gonna cut the KLZE fury :( Very deprimating , its like they bang bang MY DREAM !!!!!!!!!!

guys please what to DO ????

what do you use so the cops dont stop you !! ???? i suppose the luck? :(

Thank you ! ,

here just a ... deprimated guy
maryus

Post by maryus »

zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

maryus wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxP9HC_5w3c just idle sound
oh man - take off the silencer - open that baby UP! :D

as far as getting pulled over - that does bite HARD - my car is loud as hell - even at idle - but considering i'm competing with harley's and V8's - cops dont give me a second look around here (dallas)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

it really depends how the cops are where you live. Most cities have noise ordinances but it just depends on the cops with how much they enforce it. And also note that if you are doing something else like speeding and then you mouth off they can always look for more things to give you tickets on...

I've been sterotyped before for what I drive and been given alot of bogus tickets... it's the price you pay... but in the end it's still worth it to hear my klze :D I carry my silencer with me in the vehicle and that has gotten me out of a ticket just by installing it while the cop was there... :shrug:
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

the best option (but costs a little)

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_exhaus ... &pageNum=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what this does is allows you to have a quiet muffler for when your driving around, but when you want to play flip the switch and the valve switches to where the pipe is wide open (no muffler)

zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i used to b---- about texas cops a lot - but after hearing you guys and what you have to go through - i'm going to shut up now :D

i feel you guys
maryus

Post by maryus »

in the video was only the cat installed ,

i went today to the shop and i have cat + resonator , at least the muffler is free flow :D

i got a nice long tube resonator with 3" opening ... i will put latter magnaflow cat
- it sounds now less sexy ... but still nice , now i should be fine when the cops pass

that day i did not have anything on the pipe , plus the muffler is free flow so imagine .. OMG when i went in the highway ... a sound you cannot explain , makes you feel you drive a f1 or something with high tone ...

-------

aniway pulled 5 codes now :-s ,

codes 17 , 24 (feed back system both sides)
codes 16 , 28 , 29 (egr related)

thx for the replies. m
maryus

Post by maryus »

zzzoomx3 wrote:i used to b---- about texas cops a lot - but after hearing you guys and what you have to go through - i'm going to shut up now :D

i feel you guys

hahhaha ........ its not funny :(
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

When I do my exhaust, I want it dead silent below 3k and sexy above 3k :) No idea how I'm gonna do it :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
maryus

Post by maryus »

with an electronic muffler , if there it is :D