plz help!! fuel injector wire fire!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mzdamx3rsdohc

plz help!! fuel injector wire fire!!!!

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

well it wasnt actually a fire but the wire burnt the insulation rite off of it. the car started to blow the main fuel injector fuse under the hood nd left me stranded on the 401 nd the spare fuse was a 40 so i put it in which was obviously a bad move. thats when the insulation melted...im going to replace the wire today but what would cause the fuse to blow? its the 30 amp main one under the hood for the fuel injectors. could a faulty injector cause this? and does anyone have a wiring diagram for where the wires go off of the fuse box. if someone could plz help ive been stranded 3 times in the past two weeks and needed a tow home.
Last edited by mzdamx3rsdohc on June 26th, 2008, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
mzdamx3rsdohc

Re: fuel injector wire fire!!!!

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

ive been searching and cant find a wiring diagram. or neone else with the same problem except one v6 guy who they diagnosed it over the phone so i duno what the end result was. has neone with the b6 had this fuse blow before. the first time it did it was sitting at idle the second driving on the 401 and the 3rd it smoked nd felt weird so ipulled over and pulled the spare fuse. i alo replaced a distributor but the fuse blew before that the first time
maybe wen i rewired my distributor clip the wires came loose do they run off this fuse or the o2 guage, does the 02 sensor run off the fuel inj fuse. also the insulation on one of my injector wires is erroded or something but the wires not exposed.i need this car for the weekend and will pay and put in as much time as required.im thinkin maybe just buy a 1st gen bp swap the wiring harness and ecu all i know is i need this car.
Last edited by mzdamx3rsdohc on June 26th, 2008, 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mzdamx3rsdohc

Re: fuel injector wire fire!!!!

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

i wish i had the pm for yoda( i think with a zx2) does neone know if he's still a member
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: plz help!! fuel injector wire fire!!!!

Post by shameem »

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?f ... 0Manual/Z/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

wow that diagram is hard to interpret it seems like the fuel inj. fuse has to do with a lot of components on the car. i wish someone has had this problem before...lol... well im going to take the diagram out follow the wire as its the center one out of the 3 attached to that circuit thats overheated. the other 2 are fine so it must be related to that center wire somehow im guessing. anymore input would be greatly appreciated especially as to what would of caused the fuse to blow originally since im doing the wiring now
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

okay the wire that overheated is green and corroded by the looks of it it broke as it passes the battery but im sure this isnt what originally cause the problem unless a corroded wire could of been the culprit the whole time its the middle of the 3 i dont know what color tho since all the insulations gone. it seems to tie into the main harness? that goes to the ecu. which would explain the smoke in the car too.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”