MX3 Window Removal

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Eddie5150

MX3 Window Removal

Post by Eddie5150 »

I have a 1993 V6 MX3 in which I just got a master window switch for. The switch appears to be good because unlike the original one I had, it works when putting the passenger window down, but the drivers side still wont work.
Now before we blame the switch is there any way to see if the window slipped off the track? Theres evidence that the guy who had the car before me had the door panel off and could have very easily tampered with the window when investigating the problem. Also when I examine the window it doesnt appear to be 100% tight to the door frame. Anyways Im a novice and all help is appreciated.
solo_ryder

Re: MX3 Window Removal

Post by solo_ryder »

Even if the window slipped off the track, you would hear the motor trying to move.

In all cases that I have seen, the drivers side switch doesnt function but the passenger one does. The drivers switch is usually used more and wears out over time and eventually stops working.

Take off the door card carefully and inspect the motor to see what is going on, if it looks to be in OK shape then go ahead and get a new window switch, that should fix the issue.
Eddie5150

Post by Eddie5150 »

Oh man I just bought the freakin switch off a member of this site and I really hope it wasnt a bum switch. Anyways, how will I know if the motor is good just by looking at it? Also, when I hit the drivers side switch Im pretty sure I can hear actually hear the motor but it is very faint. I know the guy who I bought the car from popped off the door and tried fixing the problem with no luck. This is why I think maybe it popped off the track.
This sucks!
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

If the motor is runnung. you may need a new gear assembly. :(
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!