tmac4t4's '94 mx3 gs k8

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!

what motor for the swap?

klze
58%
klde
17%
de/ze
17%
k8 turbo
4%
k8 turbo
4%

Total votes: 24

tmac4t4

tmac4t4's '94 mx3 gs k8

Post by tmac4t4 »

i baught this car for 1900$ delivered to my door.
im only the 2nd owner.
Last edited by tmac4t4 on July 21st, 2008, 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
jbud1291

Re: tmac4t4's '94 mx3 gs k8

Post by jbud1291 »

looks great welcome to the forum. i also just got a GS but mines a 93. wut type of exhaust did u put on the car?
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Good buy!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

yeah no kiddin! great car!
good to see you're takin care of it.
future plans?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

*edit* i forgot to mention the car came with original gs rims with yokohama rubber which i sold for 200,,so the car only cost me 1700 really*

to be honest im not sure what kind of exhaust it is..it has a ractive tip, but it looks like someone welded the tip to the muffler..the muffler "looks" identical to a flowmaster or something tho,,ill snap some pics of it maybe one of you guys will know better? anywas as for future mods,,im thinking the ignition module mod is a MUST, since ive been having some starting issues..turns over a good 5-6 times before actually firing up..has me boggled :confused2:...im definatley thinking of doing zoomm's exhaust setup (THANKS ZOOM)..other than that i dont think im going to waste too much money on doing anything else to the engine, except REPLACE IT! lol
when i baught the car i was looking for a reliable commuter as im starting heavy equipment operator training this month, so i plan to drive it the way it is really at least for the rest of this year, with the exception of doin the body work and the exhaust of course, but really i think im gona save up cash over the winter to drop a klze with a 5spd in just in time for next spring...ive thaught about a body kit or something,,but considering where i live, damn pot hole haven, it would just be a lost cause,,i already have to keep fixing the front lip on a daily basis almost..ill try and snap some more pics later today,,i also have some vids on youtube..i use the same username on youtube if anyone wants to check out the vids..they aint anything special but hey :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

i checked out some of the videos on youtube...nice going man. just think of how fast you'll be rippin round those corners with ur klze
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

you just reminded me of a game of cat&mouse i played with a mx6 (dont ask how u reminded me, lol)
a week after i baught the car, on my way home from oshawa i was trying to make good time so i was passing people any chance i got, it was only a 2 lane road not a major hwy..anyways i flew past a mx6 with 4 ppl in the car,,they then flew up on my a-- obviously wanting to show me how much faster he was,,hehe jokes on him..i wound up putting him at least 8-10 cars behind me,,and trust me, he was trying,,so hard in fact he missed his turn and followed me all the way back to town when i stopped for gas..cus he wanted to see what a klze looked like..lmfao im sorry i thaught i had to share this with you guys! even his girlfriend and his friends were laughin at him :D :D
ImageImageImageImage
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

lol!! nice lil story there! haha, sounds like that guys got my luck! always messin with the wrong cars.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

so after finishing up the balljoints last night (after having to cab it to crappy tire to buy a cheap grinder to cut the 2 bolts i stripped :cry: ) the clunking had FINALLY stopped, completley!! i was so releaved my hard works payin off..i took it in today for an alignment, now, i dont want to point any fingers and say the guy did a bad job, because the car does drive very straight and the front end is much tighter...but im curious as to WHY THE CLUNKING IS BACK!!!! i drove the car all last night and today for a bit and the front end didnt clunk once, even over bumps that used to make it clunk real hard...it didnt take long after i left the shop for it to clunk,,i am not impressed
:confused2:

on another note, here's the exhaust i put on the other day
looks to me like the tips welded on,,any ideas what kinda muffler?
ImageImageImageImage
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

According to the tip it is a ractive muffler
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

hard to say, the tips been welded onto the muffler....has a hella sweet tone at 3000rpm tho :)
ImageImageImageImage
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

hey tmac do you know how much those rims are or where i could find them?
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

the clunking can be from a tie rod. Check your tie rods. One way to check is if it clunks when you turn the wheels all the way....
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

i just did both outter tie rod ends and both lower balljoints..it apears all 4 struts are prety much shot so that is my clunking
as for the rims im not sure where u can get them, i dont even kno what make they are, check ebay they have tons of wheel/tire combos for 500$
ImageImageImageImage
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

tmac4t4 wrote:you just reminded me of a game of cat&mouse i played with a mx6 (dont ask how u reminded me, lol)
a week after i baught the car, on my way home from oshawa i was trying to make good time so i was passing people any chance i got, it was only a 2 lane road not a major hwy..anyways i flew past a mx6 with 4 ppl in the car,,they then flew up on my a-- obviously wanting to show me how much faster he was,,hehe jokes on him..i wound up putting him at least 8-10 cars behind me,,and trust me, he was trying,,so hard in fact he missed his turn and followed me all the way back to town when i stopped for gas..cus he wanted to see what a klze looked like..lmfao im sorry i thaught i had to share this with you guys! even his girlfriend and his friends were laughin at him :D :D

I thought you had a K8, was he going to look at his own klze?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”