Power Window Problems

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
msilverton

Power Window Problems

Post by msilverton »

My daughter's 93 MX3 passenger side window will not roll up. I would roll down, now sitting at the bottom or the run it will no roll up. I dod not suspect the switch and am hinking it is the motor. Do the symptoms sound familiar?

Any suggested ways to confirm this?

Thanks, Mike
94drumx3

Re: Power Window Problems

Post by 94drumx3 »

Be sure to check fuses.
Then check the switch just to make sure its all plugged in.
Then take off the door panel to see if it has fallen off its track.

If none of these then its most likely the motor.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: Power Window Problems

Post by shameem »

Do you hear any motor sound like its trying to roll up? Usually the runner liners get brittle and hold up the glass so tight that it wont move - a little silicone lubricant usually takes care of that in the short term.

If its not even trying to move then it could be the switch - these switches are known to fail (a lot). You will have to go in with a test light or multimeter into the wiring to test the switch.

Motors dont go bad usually - unless they have been exposed to rain water for a long time or operating under heavy load (rubber liner binding) for a long time. Even then i think they have a thermal cutoff to protect them from overheating.....

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”