EGR tube is not connected is this ok?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
spiderpig17

EGR tube is not connected is this ok?

Post by spiderpig17 »

Wasnt getting any help, so Ill edit this post and clean it up a bit. My air intake is factory but also leaky and my worst enemy right now. I just bought this car and since I do not have a lot of money, Im very worried. It dosent run very strong and has a vaccum leak in at least the air box piping. It is covered over in tape and must not be 100 %, now I believe its the EGR valve that is on the air intake side of the manifold and there is a little rubber hose coming from it that is not connected. I found that it fits into a opening right at where the air filter is, and Im not sure if I should re plug it there since there is a vaccum leak right after this in the intake tubbing. So if anyone can give me more info on this I would greatly appreciate it.
{FS}93 GS K8 5speed 217,000+ miles, gutted rear seats, factory alloys, BF Goodrich Traction TA, Z01 paint code WR SW Intake
marcdh

Re: EGR tube is not connected is this ok?

Post by marcdh »

I think your priority should be to fix the vacuum leak. Get some new pipes to make a cold air intake (see FAQ) or get a new concertina intake pipe (rip off new from dealer, or another less dodgy scap one). You can also find vacuum diagrams in the online manual and in the V6 FAQ (though slightly different)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”