car dvd monitors

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
2fazed
Supporting Member

car dvd monitors

Post by 2fazed »

I just bought a Jenson VM9312 dvd player. I'm curious what others did on the install. I put the unit on the bottom slot where normally the cd tray goes. I did that for the monitor to clear. I would rather put it on the top, so I can put my processor on the bottom, so it will show. Any one know any options I could use?
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
ninjajim4

Re: car dvd monitors

Post by ninjajim4 »

i looked around for a long time for something since i was same way.. didn't want to put it on the bottom since it covered the top DIN, and also i felt it was too low, which why i don't like the molded in ones. also a little more low profile to lower the chances of a break in.

the main problem (which i'm sure you know) is the clearance, since our stereos are recessed into the dash. there's not much out there in terms of aftermarket gear that will help with that. what i did was buy a spare bezel and added bondo so that there was no recess and then the stereo face is flush with the bezel surface instead of set in. then you have the clearance for the screen to flip out. i'll try and take pictures of it this weekend, since i need to do a little touch up and rewire some of the carPC. bad thing is now it covers the HVAC controls when the screen is out. but i like the height a lot better and i can use the DIN pocket more easily.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

FYI, jensen in dash dvd players are notorious for taking a very very long time to load cd's, i used to work at futureshop and i never sold a jensen flip out deck to anyone i always recomended pioneer, whether the customer liked it or not,, if there is going to be problems with your deck it wont take long for you to notice,,i seen quite a few get returned all for the same reason,,hope you luck is a lil better
-cheers
ImageImageImageImage
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

tmac4t4 wrote:FYI, jensen in dash dvd players are notorious for taking a very very long time to load cd's, i used to work at futureshop and i never sold a jensen flip out deck to anyone i always recomended pioneer, whether the customer liked it or not,, if there is going to be problems with your deck it wont take long for you to notice,,i seen quite a few get returned all for the same reason,,hope you luck is a lil better
-cheers

Yes, my luck is better than yours. Thus why I'm asking about install position, not deck function. Thanks for the 30 post spam.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

if you didnt want opinions about your deck, you shouldnt have listed the brand and model number and rather just mentioned what STYLE deck and what you were planing on doing..you ask for opinions, and you got one, just because you dont like what your told....anyways im not trying to be a d---..im new to the forum, and dont intend on going anywhere, im here for imformative use just like everyone else and i appreciate feedback just like the rest of us..if i came across as if i was flaming your project i appologize, i was simply stating that jensen flip out decks are prone to over heating which causes them to take forevvver to load cds, thats it.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”