[WTB] (BOUGHT ONE!!!!!!!) V6 5speed MX3

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
onlytrueromeo

[WTB] (BOUGHT ONE!!!!!!!) V6 5speed MX3

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I'm looking for another mx3 to work on while I can commute to work in my RS. I'm looking for a GS, preferably 94+, but any of the years are OK as I can always do a dash swap later :)

Here is a list of what I am looking for:

Power Windows
5 Speed (Tranny must be good)
V6 (engine can be toast, I want to swap a DE or ZE in)
Cruise
Sunroof (I'd like a sunroof, but its not 100% necessary)
Interior - Don't care about interior too much, I have my own custom wrapped leather seats

Body of car:
Car must have MINIMAL to NO rust. I am terrible at rust repair I found out last summer, and will only be considering cars with surface rust only (for the most part). Paint can be peeling, but I would like a clean car w/ minimal dents, and free of accidents.

This WILL be my project car, so I'm mostly concerned about aesthetics, and not so concerned about struts being broken or brakes needing to be redone, etc. I will be replacing them all w/ aftermarket parts anyway.

I'm located in Albany, NY and would like to find a car within ~4 hours from here. I can drive to Canada, so that is not so much of a problem. If there is a really great deal I would be willing to drive a little farther, but I will be stayin on the east coast. I can Tow a car back if it is not in running shape, but mileage gets expensive :). If the car is in running condition, I am willing to travel a bit farther as I won't have to pay for the towing gas.

Please let me know if anyone has any that they are looking to get rid of for a decent price!
Last edited by onlytrueromeo on May 25th, 2008, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fi addict

Re: [WTB] V6 5speed MX3

Post by fi addict »

I have a 5spd in great condition.
from a 92 gs.
flywheel, linkage,,shifter, tranny, peddles... ect.

The car is being parted out so I cant offer you a whole car.

if you want to put a DE or ZE in the car you find you can have the mounts from my car if you make it worth the effort to get them out.

email me. I am in NY too'

also if you make a fair offer you can just pull the car home.... I think I can get it to the tribourgh or whitestone for you. (saving you 35-40 miles of the trip)
Garage (sort of)
99 Acura Integra GSR-T (totaled)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
90 MX-5 getting the rotary treatment
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I am lookin to get a whole car. At this point, I don't want to try to piece together parts to drop into the RS I want a complete GS to work on while I drive the RS to work.

Thank you tho!
murdamellz

Post by murdamellz »

Hey bro whatsup. I have a 1992 Mx3 that sounds perfect for you, its currently on ebay for 500 bucks, with 3 bids and just about a day left. Check it out and see what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 72904&rd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I know, I am currently watching the car on Ebay! It looks like a good deal, but its all the way down in Virginia, and I can't afford to tow it back that far :( We'll see how high the price goes!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

BUMP for me :)
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Bump

:( Lots of dead leads from craigslist and kijiji :(. Most people havn't even responded to me, and the other ones only post the good pictures of their car, then when you ask for more pictures, it's got rust everywhere, or a place where they hit a deer...why can't people be more honest?!

Seriously, if anyone is sellin a manual GS within like 6 hours of new york (albany) with a moonroof (preferablY) and/or 94+ please let me know!
slipaway

Post by slipaway »

Trip distance: 384.89 miles Time: 6 hrs 16 mins , Albany to my hometown in WV. I've got a white '93 GS in good condition. It is completely stock. Lots of maint. records. Everything except the OEM radio/cd player works. Inspected and currently used as a daily driver. I bought it from a guy who owned it for 12 years. I'm not dying to sell, but I could be convinced. PM me if interested.
RazzCat

Post by RazzCat »

Are you still looking? I think we've got your project car in Montreal.

As a favor to my ex-gf, I'm helping her sell her all-original '93 MX-3 GS Special Edition. Looks exactly like this one: http://www.mx-3.com/se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Been parked since September. V6 needs distributor work, we're told. Very little rust, only surface at 4 small spots. Minor ding at front edge of passenger door / rear edge of right front fender. Raspberry Metallic paint original but clearcoat is peeling off. Has 251,946 kilometers (156,551 miles).

If you're interested, make a reasonable offer.
'93 MX-3 SE : 'Razz'
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yes! Please email me some pictures. Im assuming the car has moonroof, power everything, cruise. etc.?
RazzCat

Post by RazzCat »

Yup. Moonroof, 5-speed, air, power all, factory CD, heated leather seats, all the items standard on the GS and the Special Edition.

Don't have any pics right now but I'll get some by tomorrow.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Is there a # I can call you at? And the sooner you can get me pics the better - I might be driving to look at some MX3's this weekend, and if I can get pictures tonight it might make my decision easier :)
RazzCat

Post by RazzCat »

PM'd you the number...
RazzCat

Post by RazzCat »

Fresh photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/razzcat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Thanks Frank

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”