My New Ride!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Nd4SpdSe

My New Ride!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, considering that the Mx-3, as we do more test, shes seems to more likely will need a new motor (see http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and as well, I started a new job over 3 weeks ago back home, I need a vehicle to get around. Although my parents have no problem with my using one of theirs, it would be a really good idea if I got a second vehicle, I've been wanting one for a while, I just didn't have the need, nor did I really know what I wanted. I had a line on a 96 Pathfinder back in January, but it was gone the day after I was told about it (and a week trying to track the owner down). Since when I've kinda looked around, seeing what good ideas I could find and what kind of truck I wanted.

Back in February I picked up a tranny from lowridah313 and he had just gotten an Xterra. I had read alot about the Pathfinder, so I knew the Xterra was good with the same platform and drivetrain. Basically it has come down to either an 05+ TRD Tacoma or an Xterra. Because of it's price (if i happen to break something off-roading or the like, I have more money to fit and put into it) and limited potential/aftermarket (Tacoma can't take boost as far as I've read) and alot of off-road aftermarket. From the start I wanted something small, the Tacoma is quite a bit larger. My parents have a 2002 Ford Escape V6 AWD and I love it, but it's just not rugged enough for me, and the X is about the same size as the Escape. So in the end I decided for the Xterra, specifically the Supercharged version since it opens doors for more power. The hard part was trying to find one that was a manual gearbox.

Toronto had a few, but dealers there seem to like to rip people off when it comes to not fixing stuff and fixing stuff, including my parents and my best friend. I found one at Haldiman Motors, which I know many people who have gotten cars from there and will all good experiences. I found it last weekend (after they closed) but was working on BC all week so fortunately it was still there, but ironicly as we arrived, someone was just getting into it for a test drive. Fortuantely i was a quick spin, probably just a joy rider. After giving it a through drive, and getting an ok from my parents, we signed the papers and should be ready for pickup come the end of the week, so it'll be a long week, hehe. Honestly, I wanted any color but yellow. Don't get me wrong, I like he yellow, but I know that if I'm somewhere I'm not suppose to be, you'll be able to see me for miles.

Don't worry, the Mx-3 isn't going anywhere. Having a second vehicle just means that I can take the time to build up a new motor instead of rushing and throwing in just another ZE.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Re: My New Ride!

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Nice ride , I always loved everything about them , except the gas milage.
My buddy has a NA one and gets about 14 so i can just imagine... haha , but I personally think they are one of the best looking SUV's out.

One thing to watch is the power windows , my buddy had problems with every window , the regulators on them all broke ..
Otherwise good luck and happy Xterra'ing , NICE RIDE :2thumbsup:

Kris-
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i always liked xterras

I got my 5spd B3000 from haldimand , very good place :wink:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Looking good Mike. Now you got something to tow the mx3 to the track with.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Nice Mike. Imagine how far the 14,000 could go in a mx3!
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mx3autozam wrote:Looking good Mike. Now you got something to tow the mx3 to the track with.
Exactly!

As well, me and a friend from college, back in college, always wanted to get into dirt track racing. Hopefully get into mini stock next year depending on how things go, but I definitely want to get a trailer soon.
timpronk wrote:Nice Mike. Imagine how far the 14,000 could go in a mx3!
Lol, quite. Unfortunately/fortunately I need a second vehicle at this point so I can do some work on her.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Nice! Buddy of mine has one, Black. Went on many fishing trips with it.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”