New MX3 owner from NY

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

New MX3 owner from NY

Post by nerd racing »

Hello my name is Aaron and I have just recently gotten into the MX3 world. I have driven Ford Aspires for a few years and have loved the reliability that the Mazda B series engines are known for. I chose to leave the Aspire world because last winter I was in a pretty bad car wreck in my B8-ME powered Aspire and I don't know how I was able to walk away from it. I decided to go with the MX3 because its slightly larger and plus I love the look of them! I've been swapping engines in cars since before I could drive. I am currently living in western NY. I'm an engineering student right now so I purchased the MX3 so I could have a car to go back and forth that is reliable and good on gas. Hopefully Saturday I can get some pics up of my 93 RS, and get my work log started :mrgreen:
cstott282

Re: New MX3 owner from NY

Post by cstott282 »

where in new york are you from.. and welcome :D
1990 protege lx-RIP
1992 Mazda 323,(BP swap JDM'd out y0!) ..sold.
1993 Mazda MX3 GS,(KLZE swap) RIP
1994 Mazda Miata ... project boosted!
1992 Mazda Mx3 GS, project clean daily driver
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I am from Cattaraugus County, and I go to school in Allegheny county for most of the year. How bout you?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Your B6ME will be s-l-o-w, but with gas prices not stopping, you've got a good engine there.

I've got the B6 DE (DOHC) and it's not AS good on gas, but it's definitely economical.
With about 150lbs of sound deadening and audio equipment and a few basic mods, I still clock 40MPG doing 65-70MPH highway and about 28 in the city.

Take good care of her and welcome to the site!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

It can't be any slower than my stock 1.3L aspire that is my daily driver for now. I get 40mpg highway with my aspire, I would gladly have the same mileage in my stock MX3 than drive my slow asfire.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome to the boards! I imagine you'll be happy with your car.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Introduction Forum”