egr valve went out.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Spartan_Heart

egr valve went out.

Post by Spartan_Heart »

I need to buy a new one.. is it hard to replace yourself? I don't know much about cars. My mx3 has a ford probe gt engine. so can I buy the egr valve for the ford probe, or do I have to buy the mx3 one.. its about 100 dollars more expensive..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: egr valve went out.

Post by Kirk95gs »

It's a little work if you have never done it befor. Use the online Manual for the step by step. If your low on funds get one from the junk yard. should save you some money. I dont know what the diffrents is between the mx-3 and pgt egr is. Should be the same I would think. Maybe not.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

how do you know it went out, sometimes they just need to be cleaned out inside. You have a klde swap in your mx3?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Spartan_Heart

Post by Spartan_Heart »

yeah

well, i think the guys at the shop know Im not good with cars, so they said i need a new one...

Im 20 and this is my first car.

They said my entire exhaust needs to be replaced and I need to go to a 2in pipe. Aluminum.. egr valve needs to be replaced.. They said my engine has an oil leak..but I never leave a pool...there is just oil on the bottom of the engine and the tranny. Hmm.. My seatbelt don't work right.. Hmm.

Well.. the problem was when I started the car, and put it into first gear, it don't give it gas right.. It goes like 1mph unless I rev it up... and shift into second.. If I can get it into 4th gear it runs great. The first gear is s--- though. It didn't do that until theyn started messing with the exhaust.

All my pipes are rusted and corroded. They said I need a new cat, new resonator, and I need to buy headers. If I can get headers they said the rest of the work would be easier. Im not sure where to get them or what kind. I stink at car stuff, but Im willing to save my money to fix up this car.. I love it. I have only seen 2 mx-3s near this part of Houston, Tx.. and one is a 4cl.. Mine is the only 6
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

A little off-topic off-car :) question:

Would EGR from KL fit K8?
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

yes the part number actually says kl on it (on my k8s) so does the dipstick, uprated yeow gotta be worth a few hp :lol:
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

get a blocking plate and just take it out... the 4 cylinders dont even have an egr valve
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Marcdh, thank you! I've got one spare EGR valve with 21k kms on it and my old in MX3 went out. Good to know it fits. :)

PS: I don't want blocking plate. I want to have my emissions as low as possible and pass emission tests without any problem.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Whoops I was thinking PCV lol sorry mate :oops: But yea some uk-mx3 people have migrated their EGR from K8 to klze, so it's all good :) Do your emissions testers test for NOx? As that's what it reduces. UK they don't test for it so it's pointless!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I want to migrate EGR valve from KL to K8. Yes, they test exhaust gas for everything, it is very strict here. 8)
Spartan_Heart

Post by Spartan_Heart »

I live in Texas, one of the worst states with pollution. Our emissions test is ridiculous. You have to bribe people to pass.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hehe I have NO egr and 25 extra bucks shows mine can pass LOL

Just get a JUNK YARD egr.. no sense paying 100 dllrs for a new one unless the scrappers want like 50..

to get rid of the CODE all you need is to connect any EGR. and leave it hanging.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

sounds like someone could use my exhaust tutorial :P - i have a catalytic converter and an EGR from my K8 - i live in Dallas and yes - its nice to know people ;) when it comes to inspection time. i left the EGR off my ZE as well as the cat. i'm running just straight pipe all the way to the moofler :D

so yeah, spartan - if you need a new exhaust, check out my work log and if you need a cat, headers and EGR - hit me up.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Please, can anyone tell me if EGR from KL-DE would fit K8-DE? Thank you!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

NO The EGR from a KL will NOT fit a K8! Part numbers are as follows

K8: K801-20-300A Price CAD: $538.06
KL: KL01-20-300B Price CAD: $396.57
This is from the Mazda dealership I work at.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”