b6-me b6-de bumb but hear me out

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cricketol2

b6-me b6-de bumb but hear me out

Post by cricketol2 »

i have 2 mx-3s im swapping my me for a de and the de has an automatic and the me has a manual the other car i was going to up but the manual i have know was going to be my gas saver car ... would i have to change the ECU & TPS sensor or the Wiring Harness and yes i did look here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16446 but it did not say anything about the b6me- and b6de swap thats why i ask
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: b6-me b6-de bumb but hear me out

Post by shameem »

You have to swap the wiring harness and all the sensors too. The atx has a separate controller box that connects to the ECU through another socket - you wont have that connector in your manual car. You will have to leave that unconnected - and i dont know if the dash sockets will match - if not you will have to splice them. The ECU will always put up a code for VSS since the sohc tranny has a mechanical sensor.
cricketol2

Post by cricketol2 »

.. i was thinking about upgrade the ecu from the 93 and tell them to upgrade it to a 95 platform (reprogram it to run the 95 motor) and swop the sensors from the 93 to the 95 motor ..... do you think that could work

p.s. the 93 i was keeping the trans in (manual) and just swoping the motor to it would i still need the controller box still
im not going to use the auto trans but the man trans

1.6L
recap 95 motor on a 93 trans
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

Your best bet would be to use a manual wiring harness and ECU from the year engine you are putting in.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”