Centerforce Clutches in Canada?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectricEnergy

Centerforce Clutches in Canada?

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Hey guys,

I need to find a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch for my ZE and have it shipped here by the 14th. Have any of you Canadian MX-3ers found a good place to order them from? I can't seem to find anyone that doesn't seem really shady

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
solo_ryder

Re: Centerforce Clutches in Canada?

Post by solo_ryder »

Mopac can get them, they are a canadian distributor
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I just ordered mine through a local performance shop.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

In my opinion stay away from Centerforce!!! heard and seen a few horror stories myself
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

mx3autozam wrote:In my opinion stay away from Centerforce!!! heard and seen a few horror stories myself
Can you elaborate and suggest an alternative?
Cody
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

If you haven't owned one then your opinion is not 100% valid. I have owned a stage 1 and a dual friction and they are both great. But, if I was to get a new clutch it would be a spec or ACT just because those clutches have good reps and they seem to be abit cheaper
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

well. I don't need one to have my opinion. Anyone knows that Centerforce suck. I have seen them grenade and fly right out of trannies in more than a few Talons and the same with Mustangs. people on Honda-tech have issues with them not being balanced and not holding the power they are supposed to hold. Even the ones for the mx3 have this problem. Go look in the Forced Induction section, Franko and a few others have them and they are slipping. Yet the engines are not making half the power Centerforce claims they are made for. After hearing of them blowing up in other cars it makes me not want to put one in my car and I would like to suggest the same to anyone else. But you don't have to do what I say. Go with Centerforce if you like!

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I have a clutchmaster clutch adn fidanza flywheel and am veyr impressed with it, I would recommened it to anyone with a ZE
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Hmm,

Vanished and Smith are using Dual Friction clutches and they seem to be doing really well. I am planning to run a 75-100hp shot of nitrous in the future though, so I need this to be rock solid. For some reason I thought ACT clutches weren't as good. Can someone suggest a specific clutch I should be looking for?

Regards,
David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

get an ACT HDSS = Heavy duty street and strip
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

STAGE III Clutch Masters clutch= equivalent in holding capacity to a 6 puck ACT clutch, BUT, because of the segmented Kevlar construction it retains easy engagement and will not break your transmission. I bought mine from rr-racing.com
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
se7en

Post by se7en »

Have you looked at what unorthodox has to offer?

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Okay. We've thrown a few names out there. Now are there particular clutches that would be recommended for reliable holding power on a ZE, let's say 2-300hp depending on power adders, that will be relatively easy on a transmission/easy to drive?

I've heard mention of HDSS and Centerforce Stage III.. Who has had these and how much have you abused them? Good and bad reviews, please!
Cody
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Okay. We've thrown a few names out there. Now are there particular clutches that would be recommended for reliable holding power on a ZE, let's say 2-300hp depending on power adders, that will be relatively easy on a transmission/easy to drive?

I've heard mention of HDSS and Centerforce Stage III.. Who has had these and how much have you abused them? Good and bad reviews, please!
Yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed by the choices to be honest :p
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I did some auto X and drag racing on my clutch and of course the good ol spirited driving and have had no signs of problems, slipping so far so nothing but good from me bout CM 3.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”