Shaved Doorhandles

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DJsMX-3

Shaved Doorhandles

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey just wanted to get some feedback from some of you that have shaved your handles..

Is it nessecary to get doorpoppers allso or is the door opening enough itself when the solenoid pulls on the latch?

All info appreciated :D

Thanks
Dennis
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
mazdamx3freak

Re: Shaved Doorhandles

Post by mazdamx3freak »

why would you do a thing like that? Mx-3 parts are hard enough to find and you want to "bondo" your handles shut :confused2: :dunno: ........... :throwup:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I think it would look cool. Just make sure you know how to break in, just in case. I have an alarm that unlocks, but it doesn't pop. I assume you'd need another soleniod.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

The door pops out enough w/o the pusher. I never got around to welding mine shut before I parked the car but it was cool as s^%t to pop the door when someone was walking by. they almost freak out.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

How to do it isnt the problem, got all that under control with failsafe and all, just wanted peoples feedback if it works allright without poppers :)

And im not doing a halfassed job! Offcourse im not filling them with bondo :freak:

Sk8terdude sounds cool and it pops out allright everytime on itself? and approx. how much does the door pop out on itself??
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

It pops out lie an inch or so. Enough to grab it and open it. It pops enough not to relatch when the thing stops pulling.

Steve-O

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'd love to see a video!
I had a bike w/ remote start/ shutoff that would turn heads. It worked from the top of a small mountain. I could barely see it, and would start it when people were near.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

My poppers were on my dead SE but as soon as I install them on my new car Ill take a video of it and post it up.

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I thought this might interest some who have shaved their door handles. I found it in a magazine a long time ago...

http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I didnt look into that much other than the video but what stops someone from touching your door and running off with your car????!?!

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My friend has a fingerprint reader on his laptop. You could wire in one of those....
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I used to work at CompUSA before they shutdown and I got to try one of those out. About one out of twenty people could use4 the one we had set up.

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Haha. My buddy is an engineer at Intel. I hope his is better. I did some cement repair for him, and it eroded my fingertips down to the meat (use gloves when using vinyl cement repair). Yeah, it sucked.. He helped for about 30 minutes, and his fingerprint reader didn't recognize him. He gets stuff that won't be released for a while. He built me a computer with a chip and junk that won't be realeased for a while.. Something to do with more than one core (4?), and hyperthreading... It's Greek to me. The chip cooler looks like a V8 engine, seriously! IT's got 8 headers, and what looks like an air filter on top. I think it even uses oil!
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Haha that was a nice product..
It only works when the car is unlocked, so if anyone runs off with it its your own fault :D

Only its like 20times to expensive for what its worth of some simple electronics, its a good idea, but a simple piezo switch would do just as good if mounted correctly :welder:

Skaterdude i want to see that video allso :wink:
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Now I wish I had taken a short video when I had it on the other car.

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread

Return to “Appearance”