Starter Just Went On BP...help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

Starter Just Went On BP...help

Post by JeremyP »

starter just went and i work at 330...have a bp in my car...94 mx-3..starters going...just went actually....how hard is it to change starter...looks like alot of crap in the way when i was under it a week ago and realized this was my problem...anyone have one forsale?...i just bought a v6 for parts it comes friday...will starter off that work..hanything will help...hopefully hear from you all after my shift at 1200...if i can get home...HAHA...chow
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
sk8erdude802

Re: Starter Just Went On BP...help

Post by sk8erdude802 »

If its a manual you can atleast roll her off. Automatic, your walkin.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

It's not difficult to replace. You'll have to jack up the front end, and remove the intake manifold bracket that blocks the starter (2 or 4 bolts) . I left the bracket off afterwards, since I can't really see what purpose it serves. It makes it easier if you remove the battery. Unclip/unbolt the cables from the starter, and unbolt and remove starter.

Page G-34 of the online manual if you want to picture it beforehand.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

For an update....Picture this : its 12 midnight...my dumbass manager as wal-mart says noone can come push me to bumpstart it for insurance reasons..that i understand...BUT...5min later she then comes outside with two other managers...3 women over 40 push my car so bumpstart :)...and just to be an a-- i let the clutch out to soft the first time so they had to push my a-- twice!..anywho..thanks umcamera for the tip!...first thing tomorrow morning before work at 330..so i dont have to see 3 old ladies pushing my gorgious mx-3 again!...would you be able to post a link for the online manual?
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

starters out and fixed...had a family friend rebuild it..new solonoid and internals..same crappy casing..50bucks...gooddeal?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”