SuperK's Righteous Indignation spreads to Craigslist!

Off-Topic Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

SuperK's Righteous Indignation spreads to Craigslist!

Post by SuperK »

That's right, it's happened here...

and now, it's happened on craigslist.

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE.

Some backstory:

I placed some items for sale locally:

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/sys/
Fri Mar 14

2GB DDR PC3200 Desktop Memory For Sale - $80 - (East Ridge)

NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS 512MB For Sale - $50 - (East Ridge) pic

Western Digital Raptor For Sale - $60 - (East Ridge) pic

Someone emails me about the memory, says, "I'll give you 60 for the memory. Let me know if you'll accept this."
I reply and say, "80, firm, the ad says no haggling."

I go to work. I work all day. That's usually what happens when one works, sometimes. That didn't make much sense. usually, sometimes? Either one or the other! Ahem, anyways...

I check craigslist, see if there's anything I want... BUT WAIT! someone mysteriously posts a REPLY to my advertisement? I must see this! You probably must see this, too!

Re: 2GB DDR PC3200 Desktop Memory For Sale - $80 -
(available to read on the chattanooga's craigslist computers section)

so I'm a bit peeved at the idiocy of this person. He doesn't get the item at the price he wants, and tries to make publicly known that I'm trying to rip someone off? I almost let it slide....

I ALMOST LET IT SLIDE!

But then, lo, behold, I read the very next post...

TIPS on buying a computer on craigslist - (TENN GA and ALA)

... And I instantly know it's the same person that posted the original. That is IT! My Anger will not be subsided, NOT TODAY!

Burning with holy fury, I instantly... GO TO THE BATHROOM! Whew, I had some taco bell two meals in a row, so I'm ripe and ready.

BUT! While I'm in the bathroom, BEHOLD! I take one of my 4 laptops in with me and begin typing THESE!
To the individual who commented on the PC3200 RAM - (Less)

RE: TIPS on buying a computer on craigslist - $5 - (Moronville) pic

If you do not like reading, you probably shouldn't have read this post!
If you do like insults, you probably should read this post!
If you think I'm a jerk... well, OK, I probably am... most likely... very likely... super-possible... I'll just agree with you. Nothing else will change, though >: D
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
se7en

Re: SuperK's Righteous Indignation spreads to Craigslist!

Post by se7en »

Lol, I think that you are hilarious. A man from my own heart.

I firmly believe that the world should have less idiots.

We should start a club.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

OK, so apparently the person who wrote the "TIPS TO BLAH BLAH BLAH" took his posting down.. but I have saved it from destruction!

email this posting to a friend chattanooga craigslist > computers & tech
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
TIPS on buying a computer on craigslist
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-03-16, 8:58AM EDT

Look, I was able (and lucky maybe) to come across a nice less than two years old DELL Demensions whole computer. 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 Processor, 80 GB hard Drive, DVD CD RW drive, reg CD drive, On board everything and in very good condition for a whopping $50.00 . It also only came with 256 MB DDR memory, but I upgraded that with a stick of extra 512 MB memory off Ebay for another $12.00 making this package deal cost me so far $68.00. Then I upgraded the Graphics card from a onboard VGA of 64 MB to a NVidea 256 mb for only 26.00 more. Making this total package costing me $94.00.

Yes, I bought this computer off CRAIGSLIST. It came with the origional 19 in DELL monitor, keyboard, mouse, and BOX that the monitor was shipped in.

So, WHY would you people come on here selling your computers that don't come close to comaparing with this one, for $200.00 - $500.00 ?????

Get a grip folks. The depreciation value of computers these days are more than you know obviously. If you bought your computer "brand new" it's already hit a year old before you pulled it from the shelf for purchase. That's a fact. Maybe six months old if your lucky. But then depreciation value really kicks in no matter what.

IF you want to sell your computer, (obviously you do cause your on craigslist) then please do us all a favor and stop pretending that the IE cables are made of gold.

You price your computers rediculously HIGH so then your stuck with it. I wouldn't even come close to offering you bottom dollar because your stuck in a dream world about what your computer apparently is worth to you.

Wanna make a sale? Then post a "Sale".

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 607885759

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Just wait until Nigerian royalty starts contacting you about the stuff >_>
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I've learned the secret:

don't let craigslist post the "sale-########" option. That's how the scammers distribute their emails. Only post your contact information in your actual post.

Since I started doing such, I've not had an issue with scammers.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually we love the Nigerian Royal family :) at work we screw with these guys so bad they usually want proof you are who you say you are, so we make fake id "scans" that we provide them (basically pull some random pic off the net, and photoshop it to an id, and we change the name up and everything make it look like its actually been scanned. All kinds of good stuff, give them the contact numbers to the rejection line. Its fun :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

Uberk your my hero!!!!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's kind of different, but the same vane... Some fool was posting bad remarks about every MX-3 he could find on Youtube, so I finally got into it with him, and made him put his foot in his mouth, and humiliate himself, until i got bored. I even got him to call himself a piece of $#!t. It's pretty funny. I love toying with the ignorant.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

man I didn't know so many people think like I do :twisted:

I love messing with the idiots... I too have sent fake information to the Nigerian emails... even given them more information than they need lol usually using the false identity generator and using a fake pic from the internet... LOL :mrgreen:

http://www.zulugrid.com/2006/06/16/fals ... generator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

aww crap, i woke up and my replies were deleted... OK, here I have them saved. Here is my reply to the TIPS ON BLAH BLAH BLAH one....

This posting has been removed by the craigslist community.
Back to Craigslist | Return to my account page

RE: TIPS on buying a computer on craigslist

To the wonderfully and pathetically cheap individual who has decided he wants to make publicly known he's ripped off an individual:
Go fall off a cliff.

Congratulations, you bought a very good computer for 50 dollars. Excuse me, you ripped someone off of their computer. Apparently, technology hardware isn't the only matter that depreciates over little time. Have you seen what your brain matter is worth?

Don't fill this board with your crap of how the world should sell you equipment WAY below it's value.

A Pentium 4 2.8ghz is worth 25
A heatspreader is 12.00
A motherboard is 40.00
Cheap case/powersupply? 40
monitor? well, a big tube one is 30. LCD? try 80.
Hard drive? 40.
cd and dvd-rw drive? 30-40.

Now add all this up, you mentally impaired and socially unacceptable lout, and tell me what the price is. Does it total 50 dollars?
You successfully ripped someone off and are now BRAGGING about it. Don't buy my computer. Don't be insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?
If you don't WANT to buy a computer, if you don't AGREE with the costs, then GO ELSEWHERE. If the price is too high, then guess what? No one will buy it. Leave them alone. Leave the world alone. Promise me, we're better off without individuals like you. You're as welcome as a rattlesnake at a squaredance.

So to answer your question: Why should people come on here selling computers that don't come close to comaparing with the one you bought, for more than what you bought it for?

Besause, SIR, not everyone in the world enjoys ripping themselves off. You found someone who did. Act like a slightly socially acceptabe person and don't come here and brag about it.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

And here is my reply to the person who wanted to attempt to point out my memory was wayyy higher priced than it was worth, which was also deleted :( sad panda.
Posted to computers & tech on chattanooga craigslist

107.47. 107.47 Ultra 1gb DDR PC3200, 107.47 shipped.

Do I need to supply more of a reason? OK, I revised my ad JUST for you. Go read it.

Now that I've given you a simple explanation of why the price I set is perfectly fair in every aspect, let's get to the insults, shall we?
What is WRONG with people like you? Plain and simple: Don't like the price, DON'T BUY IT. Don't like the price and feel it's your obligation to publicly state from your mother's basement that you feel I should allow you to rip me off?

Well, OK, you got me there. I Admit Defeat. I'll sell you my memory for 30 dollars for both sticks like you feel I should rightfully do. It's been a while since I've associated myself with selfish children who think the world owes them something every damned minute. Would you like me to also waste my gas to come to your door and deliver them? Would you like me to wear a FedEx shirt and pull out a PDA so you feel like I'm giving that wonderful at-the-door service? Would you like me to leave a doorknocker saying, "I'm sorry we missed you" and call you so I can personally deliver it when you're home? Would you like a cookie with this purchase? Please fill out a customer satisfaction survey to tell me how much you enjoy being completely socially unacceptable.

Seriously, kid, I don't know how many times I have to say it before you ignorant louts understand. Don't like the price? DON'T BUY IT. If my item is SO EXPENSIVE that it offends you, if the price is so ridiculous that you vomit in dismay, and since you're SO KNOWLEDGEABLE and you know EXACTLY where to find the SAME item at such a BETTER cost....

Go there. And leave me alone. For God's Sakes, just LEAVE!

Because if you DON'T leave, I will feel it is my OBLIGATION and my DUTY to INSULT you.

But thanks for your interest in my item. Would you still like to continue the transaction? I'll meet you somewhere in the Chattanooga area. I prefer cash, just to let you know. And no, I won't ship it to nigeria, thanks for asking, though.

Hope to hear from you, and say hello to your mother!

Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

WOW, to you I give my first born.

Return to “Off-Topic”